02 Tahoe suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sxr348

Reaction score
New to the site and looking for some ideas. Planning on 22's and a 2/3 drop in the spring. Any ideas on changes to the exterior?

Attachments

• photo-10.jpg
    photo-10.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 5
  • photo-11.jpg
    photo-11.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 8
  • photo-12.jpg
    photo-12.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 6

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
demolding, escalade handles, colormatch tailgate handle, 01-02 chevy HD hood, smooth d pillar covers. clear led tails would look good too.

Big Tap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
x2 on ditching the moldings and adding Escalade handles. You could also have the front bumper cap and mirrors color matched. Think it would look good with the additions of grill inserts, LED rear taillights and clear corner lenses.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Escalade:
escalade2006.jpg

Escalade Handle:
door_handles-esc.jpg

sxr348

Reaction score
Thanks but looking to do some basic parts. Trying to make my hoe to clean and sleak with the least amount of parts. Will get rid of the plastics from the body, but looking for a clean look. Really like the look of this tahoe:

Last edited:

sxr348

Reaction score
Here are the pics

Attachments

• S6300850.JPG
    S6300850.JPG
    7.5 KB · Views: 96
  • S6300851.jpg
    S6300851.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 23

Big Tap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks like it has Escalade handles. All they are are color matched bezels with cjrome handles. You can get them off of Ebay for around $100 or so color matched to your Tahoe usually.
That Tahoe has most of the mods I suggested, minus the color matched mirrors, LED taillights and it's rolling on 24's. If you make some of the mods that one has, you'll have a good looking ride.

sxr348

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys, really helped out. Do a lot of you get your stuff off of e-bay or is there a online store that has most of the stuff? I know e-bay is probably cheaper.

Brian

02cadiHOE

Reaction score
you gotta do a ROLL PAN!!!!!!!!!!! they give the hoes a beautiful bubble butt!:thumbsup:

cgtahoeguy

Reaction score
2002 TaHOE mods

Sorry for hijacking the thread but I also have a 02 HOE want info on pre-cut window tint, I like 2.5% extreme limo & what ever I can get away with for front door windows. There is presently the factory tint but I want to find out what is best 2.5% equivalent pre-cut tint. I think it is cheap security. Thanks Chuck

02cadiHOE

Reaction score
when u say "get away with" i hope you dont mean legally get away with. 2.5% tint is the darkest you can get and ive only seen it pepboys and advanced. i dont know what state your in but i doubt 2.5% is legal on the front windows. some ppl get confused with how tint %'s work the lower the % the darker the tint thus the percentage of light that passes thru. ive bought my precut tint off ebay it was a professional grade tint and easy to install. pepboys and advanced tint is really cheap and difficult to work with plus itll fade in just a few months. ive also seen security films on ebay up to .05 mils thick which will actually hold the glass in the door if broken. the cops round my way give me hell for my 5% and even my girl for her 35% which is almost as light as you can get. depends on where you are and how suspicious you look.

cgtahoeguy

Reaction score
I paid a tinter to install Gila 2.5% extreme limo tint on my 1989 Suburban except for my windshield & driver & passenger windows. In Ontario, Canada I think they only allow 25% on the driver & passenger windows. I drove that truck all over Ontario for 3 years & was never stop by a cop for the tint. Sure is nice during the summer & driving at night.

Big Tap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys, really helped out. Do a lot of you get your stuff off of e-bay or is there a online store that has most of the stuff? I know e-bay is probably cheaper.

Brian

It depends. I've bought some things off of Ebay, and some other things from Stylin' Trucks. You can even try some of the "For Sale" threads and get really good deals on things. Just have to get lucky sometimes and be ready to pull the trigger.

the_chosen1

Reaction score
New to the site and looking for some ideas. Planning on 22's and a 2/3 drop in the spring. Any ideas on changes to the exterior?

Dude, there is alot of ppl that have done the basics to there tahoes on this site. here is the latest stuff I have done. http://www.tahoeforum.com/showthread.php?t=9397
all really basic and very cheap to do. If you do a search on SapperRyash(my old user name) you will find very easy things to do. I also recommend painting the black plastic that runs under the grille to color match the truck. I have been harping on this for so long. Its not your fault that Chevy tried to slight the buys of Tahoes because they wanted to be cheap and not paint that piece. that would be a very nice upgrade to your tahoe IMO. Hope this helps.