05 Tahoe LT Shock Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redrocket1953

Reaction score
I have an 05 Tahoe LT that I have had since new. Yesterday I had a big puddle of oil under a rear shock. Looking for rear shocks the prices vary greatly depending on some options. One is Autoride and the other is Premium Smooth Ride. I know for sure it doesn't have Autoride. I have the window sticker and there is not an added option for the Premium Smooth Ride but under standard equipment it says this is standard. Now can I just put a set of regular H.D. shocks on this or do I have to replace them with the $250-$400 ones? Thanks for any help.

justimagination

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:welcome: Find a AC Delco distributor in your area and they can help you, much cheaper than going to the dealer. JMHO, this will save you quite a bit of money, and it will be just like new.
david g. :rolleyes:

redrocket1953

Reaction score
Thanks David, the set I was looking at Rock Auto were AC Delco. I've been working on cars since the 60's and never in my life would I have thought I would see a shock sell for over $400 on a stock vehicle.

thefrenchglen

Reaction score
Hello Redrocket1953... I have the same year and model of Tahoe, and was interested in if you found your solution of replacing the rear shocks with something less expensive was satisfactory?