Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Charboneau

Reaction score
My 06 Tahoe (5.3) has some weird issues... started by going into "reduced engine power" mode several times... I put in a new battery, seemed to solve problem, but now the electric locks all activate randomly while driving, airbag and engine lights go on and off randomly and air conditioning shuts off requiring a manual turn-off/on to get it to blow cold air again... what kind of gremlin do I have living in my cars electrical system?

rockenthebowtie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have an aftermarket alarm on your vehicle if so it can be failing and if its tapped into the body control module ciircuity it will cause door lock cycles and ipc system failure icons to illuminate also double check the battery connections make that tthere nice and tight... as far as your original problem with the engine reduced power that can be something as simple as cleaning out the throttle body but can also be a bad throttle body actuator and or connector and or a bas accelerator pedal position sensor and or connectors whitch is your accelrator pedal its all drive by wire now theres no accelrator cable anymorw and the engine reduced power is a fail mode when the on board sees a failure in that area