07 Escalade Tail Lights on 07 Yukon or Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

konasmrz

Reaction score
jamac36 said:
I have an 07 Yukon XL and GM GEEK(GURU)told me that all you needed was to replace the plastic pieces and the lights will fit no problem and will not affect the 3rd brake light cover. :D

Still researching this, but after looking more closely it appears to be a question of matching up the lines from the vent cap(not sure what it's called yet - I'd call it a sail panel) to the taillight. The Esky appears to have a hard edge to both the taillight & sail panel, the Tahoe/Yukon has a softer rounded profile of both the taillight & sail panel.

konasmrz

Reaction score
FYI - GM Part numbers for Escalade pieces:

15847948 - high mount stop lamp. GM LIST: $135.00
15262792 - passenger side quarter panel upper appliqué GM LIST: $84.35
15262791 - driver side quarter panel upper appliqué GM LIST: $84.35

ohmslaw

Reaction score
konasmrz said:
FYI - GM Part numbers for Escalade pieces:

15847948 - high mount stop lamp. GM LIST: $135.00
15262792 - passenger side quarter panel upper appliqué GM LIST: $84.35
15262791 - driver side quarter panel upper appliqué GM LIST: $84.35

great the part numbers help but are the cadillac colors the same or do i hafta get them sprayed my tahoe color? Summit white

konasmrz

Reaction score
From what I'm told they are only available unpainted (black plastic).

konasmrz

Reaction score
ohmslaw said:
Thanks for the offer how about the third brake light ? Is that a direct bolt in? Also this plastic part you mentioned before? Like to do this all in one shot how about part numbers and post pics later. I'm an electrician and know my diodes from resistors. what did you use the diode for? I see the tail light resistor you linked how do you wire it all up?

Anyone ever get an answer as to what the diodes were used for? Also, were the resistors simply load simulators for turn signal flash rate, or did you also do current limiting for the +12V feeds to the Esky LEDs? My assumption is that the current limiting resistance is built into the Esky LED housing.

jamac36

Reaction score
konasmrz said:
Anyone ever get an answer as to what the diodes were used for? Also, were the resistors simply load simulators for turn signal flash rate, or did you also do current limiting for the +12V feeds to the Esky LEDs? My assumption is that the current limiting resistance is built into the Esky LED housing.
From what the (Gm Geek) told me the you only use i think only 3 wire on the eskis lights and they are multi functional and the (YUKON/TAHOE) uses all of it's wires for differnt uses i.e... brake, turn,park.The diodeds are to separate the currents so when you press the brake you get that current only and no feed back current to activate the turn or park at the same time and the resistors or for the LED lights cause the bulb light uses more current thus making LED flash really fast like when your bulb light goes out and the resistors lessens the current thus making your LEDS work normal.But check with the GM GEEK to confirm the wiring diagham.:D (FYI)the other 2 wires or for eskis in europe and for some other functions not used here in the US.

Last edited:

konasmrz

Reaction score
Just so you all know the issue: As described, if you simply wire diodes inline with the stop and turn Yukon/Tahoe wires connected to the Esky common stop AND turn, then whenever you have the stop lights AND turn signal on at the same time the stop will override the turn and the light will be on continuously. All the diodes do is block current from leaching into each other's circuit.

I did talk to Mark about this and he was going to look at an Escalade this weekend to figure out how he previously did it on the Tahoe. I have the Esky lights in my posession. In bench testing them with a 12volt supply, I only get the stop/turn double rows of LED to illuminate when applying voltage to pin "B".

Therefore, unless there is some signal coming off pin "A" to cause the Esky circuit board (in the light housing) to differentiate between the solid on "Stop" condition and the flashing "Turn signal" condition we will have to create an external circuit to do this.

Unless Mark can come up with a better way, a cheap fix to this is to simply wire up a 5>4 trailer harness converter to take care of the 2>1 signal issue. These also contain blocking diodes as well so it possibly kills two birds with one stone.

Last edited:

ohmslaw

Reaction score
Thanx for the update Konasmrz I'm anxiously waiting for the wiring results as well. I went forward and purchased the resistors and diodes. I'm now looking for a factory pig tail. Like to keep all my splices to factory looks. So I can easily clip into my 07 Tahoe wiring harness. I spent an hour at local dealership without luck, unless I wanted to buy a complete tail light or harness. The connector type is a Delhpi GT 150 5 pin. where can i get this connector with or without the wiring.

Attachments

• 5wire_MAF.jpg
    5wire_MAF.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 13

konasmrz

Reaction score
ohmslaw said:
Thanx for the update Konasmrz I'm anxiously waiting for the wiring results as well. I went forward and purchased the resistors and diodes. I'm now looking for a factory pig tail. Like to keep all my splices to factory looks. So I can easily clip into my 07 Tahoe wiring harness. I spent an hour at local dealership without luck, unless I wanted to buy a complete tail light or harness. The connector type is a Delhpi GT 150 5 pin. where can i get this connector with or without the wiring.

Been there. I gave up and ordered two of the Tahoe/Yukon harnesses (they are $18each from GMpartsdirect). All I will really use is the connector but this way I preserve my originals - and I can test/experiment with the Eskys by simply plugging them in under the bumper without having to dismount the stock taillights.

PatrykKoul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can someone please help me with the wiring? I still haven't figured it out. All I get is the outside row of leds lit, when I brake all 3 rows light up brighter, and my turning signal doesn't work... :(