'09 Rear wiper AND Lift Window quit working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BaronAlm

Reaction score
Hello all,
Sorry this is my first post but I am extremely frustrated and need answers. Maybe you can help...
My wife's 2009 Tahoe's rear window wiper quit working sometime from last night to this afternoon. We are in Fort Worth and have had the snow and ice. Driving down the road today, I attempted to activate the wiper to no avail. I then attempted to see if the washer would work and it would not. You can hear the pump run but exhibits no fluid. Upon looking closer, I found the lift window has also quit working.
I looked at all the fuses that could possibly be related to the two and they all look like new. I heard that running the wiper with an icy window can cause a blown fuse but again, they look great. While attempting to open the lift window manually, it is like there is no power to the button and with the remote fob, the lights flash like normal and I hear a very faint "click" with no actuation.
Any thoughts?
Thank you all.

rockenthebowtie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so your sure the 25amp fuse is good ? If so it can 1 of 3 things, first look to see if the red and white wire may be cut or the wire may be broken inside the wiring insullation the way to find that out is bend the red and wire at the atea of the pic posted and see if theres like a weak and or soft spot in the wire when bending it if o that may e the area where it could be broken. If all that checks out ok chances are you'll be needing either the rear wiper module which i would supect over the bcm which is also a possibility, again I would suspect more the rear wiper module

Attachments

• 1997768.jpg
    1997768.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 4

BaronAlm

Reaction score
OK perfect! I will absolutely check that once I get back from work. I appreciate the quick help and suggestions. I will double check that 25A fuse as well and I will update you ASAP.
Thanks again!

Ok so your sure the 25amp fuse is good ? If so it can 1 of 3 things, first look to see if the red and white wire may be cut or the wire may be broken inside the wiring insullation the way to find that out is bend the red and wire at the atea of the pic posted and see if theres like a weak and or soft spot in the wire when bending it if o that may e the area where it could be broken. If all that checks out ok chances are you'll be needing either the rear wiper module which i would supect over the bcm which is also a possibility, again I would suspect more the rear wiper module

rockenthebowtie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure your very welcome its nice to get enthusiastic appreciation most dont even are familiar with the words Thank you, so I also Thank You, that 25amp fuse will be kn the IP fuse block on drivers side