10in lift for my 99 tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tyler9112

Reaction score
i have a 99 chevy tahoe with a 4in lift and 33s i want a 10in lift i have at look at whiplash suspension lifts but have read that they dont fit and are really thin so i need to find a lift does anyone know who carries a 10in lift for a 99 tahoe old body style and know what size tires it will fit?

992door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you every thought about doing a 6" suspension and a 3" body lift. About the best thing that you could do is do a solid axle swap because the IFS is not that great when you start talking about running 38's or 40's

bowtiefreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with these guys. Plus Whiplash is commonly known as "Whiptrash". If you want big a SAS (solid axle swap) is a must. The IFS will not hold up with huge tires.

The 6" suspension and 3" body lift will give the a good result.

tyler9112

Reaction score
i have a dana 44 front and dana 60 rear i just bot from a buddy now i need to know can i use the same brackets that are on the rear of my tahoe i have an extra set and will the same size leaf springs work in the front as the rear and does any one know how to get the new axle to sit exactly where the tires sit now???

NacIK

Reaction score
I don't know for sure, but there have been a lot of really good reviews on the DC Lift for the OBS Tahoe's over at Fullsizechevy. If you get the stage II kit it is said and looks to be damn sturdy.

96fleetwood

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tyler9112:

What kind of 4 inch lift kit do yo have? Any pictures?

I am looking to go a tad lower with my Tahoe, I have the 6 inch Pro Comp lift.

bowtiefreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this is a commonly talked about issue at FSC, tons of info on it.