11.7 MPG on 2007 Chevy tahoe LTZ- is that normal ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Richard Hoblitt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rockrawler

Hang in there it will get better with some miles on it. You may be a little heavy on the pedal. Winter time is good for about four to five mpg less than summer time. :thumbsup:

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Winter time is good for about four to five mpg less than summer time. :thumbsup:

Depends on where you live, eh? Running the A/C all summer here in VA usually nets me less in the mileage department. Dunno how cold winter air vs warm summer air affects it though -- I'd have thought that the colder winter air is generally better for milage. No? My DIC was reading 14.2 when I pulled into the garage this afternoon -- slightly better than usual.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends on where you live, eh? Running the A/C all summer here in VA usually nets me less in the mileage department. Dunno how cold winter air vs warm summer air affects it though -- I'd have thought that the colder winter air is generally better for milage. No? My DIC was reading 14.2 when I pulled into the garage this afternoon -- slightly better than usual.

yea i have to agree, but winter can be hard on cars too, i think i get better mpg in winter becasue im lighter on the peddle becasue of all the mess of shoppers and rain. plus heat does not need the compressor to run. summer i usually use windows enless its like 100 out. yea music on windows down, elbow hangin out the window, CRUZIN :cool2:

Richard Hoblitt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
winter time driving

Here in Oregon you have lots of water on the road and wind and its not the cool moist air that makes it run harder in the summer nights. Its a wet cold air and i still think the gas is made up different in the winter. I notice it more on my Harley than in a car. Or it could just be the winter time blues. ugh.

vaTahoe

Reaction score
16.2 on my 2007 ltz- gm performance cold air intake- Corsa cat back to be installed this week:thumbsup:

Richard Hoblitt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My MPG avg. have gone down to 16 to 16.5 from 18 area and i have to think its got a lot to do with the wet roads and winter gas. I tried really hard today to get better than the 16.5 we got on a country road at 55. I notice that all the gas now has 10% ethanol in it. I did not notice that last summer. Happy New year to all :confused:

fernando47

Reaction score
ever since i got my exhaust it went down 1.3 mpg. but when i get tired of flooring it it will go back up

jameym00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get 441 miles to the tank on the highway and about 300 in town. I just got rid for my Hummer that got 245 miles to a 32 gallon tank HIGHWAY!