16.5 military hummer rims questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Larry W

Reaction score
Hi Team. This is my first post. I picked up a 2013 4x4 police Tahoe 3:42 gears with 265 70 17 inch steel wheels and tires.
Ques 1. I was looking at the 16.5 Humvee rims they appear to be 8.25 wide with a 7 inch set back. I noticed that the factory wheels run with 25-27mm offset. The military rimes have the 8 bolt pattern. I was thinking if I run 2 inch adapters 6 lug to 8 bolt pattern they might work. Iam thinking 7 inch set back would be 75 mm offset on a 8 inch rim. Minus the 50mm spacer puts the wheel right about the same.
I see in other posts and forums anything under 17 inch will rub the brake components but not sure if anyone has experience with this set up.
Ques 2. I found some nice 33 and 34 inch tires for the rims. I hear you should run the bead locks on the 16.5 rims so you can run them low on air. any feedback on that would be great.
I looked at the black rhino armory wheels as they look military but would rather use the hummers if I could. You can pick them up for $35 each. I was thinking a 3 inch BL with a leveling kit would work with the 33 or 34 tires. Thanks in advance for any help. Larry

AndyManTX

Reaction score
Larry, this all sounds complicated. Haha. You would need bead lockers if you expect to run low air pressure. Assuming you've done your research on the backspacing and offsets, there's no reason why the Hummer rims won't work. If you're going to run a 33 or 34" tire, I would recommend a 4" lift (1.5-2" in the rear). Good luck... It's gonna look GREAT!