1995 tahoe stero has no bass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swampmonkey

Reaction score
i have a 1995 Tahoe 2 door LT model has the factory am/fm cass with a separate cd player I just bought this truck a couple months ago then one day while driving it lost all bass in the stereo all parts radio ,cass and cd
I have a 1997 gmc sierra pickup with the same stereo that works just fine took it out and installed it in the Tahoe and that radio sounded just like the one that was in it put in back in the 97 gmc it works like normal
I would like to keep the orginal stereo intact

Ice98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the secondary amp went out perhaps? It is located under the drivers seat and (IIRC) drives the 2 4x10s in the rear pillars as well as 2 more speakers, though I cannot remember if they are mids or tweets (the remaining 4 speakers are run off the head unit itself)

It is also possible you blew out some worn out paper cones, or that they got wet with old door seals or mirror seals, etc
You might consider getting a decent set of 4 coaxial speakers or midrange drivers and replacing the door speakers, they are (all 4) 6.5"