2000 OBS escalade stuff

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, what kind of gears did this come with in the rear? posi? disc rear?

Does anyone want to buy any parts off a 2000 escalade? going to make a trip up to the guy i know and take some parts off of it.. some stuff that it includes is:
seats - door panels- head rests- outside and inside door handles- rear ac controls- tire jack stuff- rear bumper- dash trim that goes around gauges and radio with woodgrain - ash tray stuff up front- air box- fog light switch- head light switch- 4x4 switch- some body moldings- grille- mirrors- floormats- logos- pedals- bilstein used shocks- rear barn door stuff- seat belts... name some other stuff and ill check it all out for you.. interior is tan in color. let me know whatcha want, ill go take it off for you and ship it out asap after payment is cleared.. thanks

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmm. worth getting the rear out for my truck?? the drivetrain has 140 on it. my truck with idk what gears and limited slip has 89...

HaKs310

Full Access Member
Reaction score
POSI = limited slip
Look at your inbox and look for the RPO code that start with a "G". GT4 would give you 3.73s

I would'nt cheange your rear if you're already running 3.73s

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
posi is both wheels spinning all time...
limited slip is one wheel all time and 2 when it detects a slip in the one wheel.. difference.

HaKs310

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Limited slip is the generic term. Posi-Traction is Chevy's term, Traction-Lock is Ford's term, and I believe Mopar's is Safe-T-Track. All limited slip.

NYrr496

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was told by a couple of drivetrain mechanics that the factory GM posi carriers in our trucks are not the most durable parts. If you're going to go to the trouble of swapping a carrier, buy an Eaton or something. When they fail, they sometimes take the trans' tailshaft with it.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ahh well thats good to know, bcuz he gave me a quote the other day for the whole frame, suspension and rearend for a grand.. but yea i d rather just throw in a nice brand new one then one with 150 on it.. thanks for the info

2000 limited

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well let me be the first and say that escalade is a six lug:smilielol:

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ahha thats true.. good call jose

Well im not sure on that i just asked him about it.. said it was sold.. sorry JSN need anything else? im going down there this week..

But help me with this one.. alrite so i bought gauges from him for 75 and its got that gas gauge problem where it bounces and bounces and my other gauge didnt do that at all.. what should i do?? i have a video if anyone wants to see it..
heres a couple pics..