2002 Chevy Tahoe Fuel Pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YourPalAl

Reaction score
Here's a little back story on my day:
Well I decided to change the fuel filter on my 2002 Chevy Tahoe LS, and after removing the old one, and pouring the remaining gasoline onto my face and into my ears (Which just so happens to be the most painful experience I've ever had), I quickly found out that the new filter will not fit on my vehicle.

I bought a K&N PF-1000, which has two female ends, however my old filter has a female end on the flow side but a small pipe which requires a plastic clip to stay in the fuel line on the opposite.

Every video, picture, and website I've looked at shows that a fuel filter for an '02 Tahoe uses the filter with two female ends. So I'm at a lost. A K&N PF-2500 looks like it would fit in my car, but I already have one filter to return, and don't want to have to repeat the process.

I haven't looked at the old filter, but should I try to find a part number on it? Or take it to the stealership? Or gamble with the K&N PF-2500? Or just blow the whole damn thing up for the physical and emotional pain this vehicle put my through.