2002 tahoe bad suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bowdown916

Reaction score
Hi, not sure if this its the right place to ask my question, I have a 2002 Tahoe ls,i just got it few days ago, the suspension of the Tahoe feels really hard, every speed bump or holes on the road I can feel then bad,it has 20" rims and it seens the shocks been replaced before. I don't know much about tahoes,but do they use air shocks with compressors?

bowdown916

Reaction score
that's the look under the truck, torsion bars and keys, shocks,etc.etc..

Attachments

• tahoeimage.jpeg
    tahoeimage.jpeg
    55.4 KB · Views: 11
  • tahoeimage2.jpeg
    tahoeimage2.jpeg
    55.4 KB · Views: 10
  • tahoeimage3.jpeg
    tahoeimage3.jpeg
    46.3 KB · Views: 8
  • tahoeimage4.jpeg
    tahoeimage4.jpeg
    47.1 KB · Views: 9
  • tahoeimage5.jpeg
    tahoeimage5.jpeg
    45.2 KB · Views: 8

bowdown916

Reaction score
so I did 2 turns on the pass. side and 3 1/2 on driver side, still looks eve,but just about 1/2 higher, not sure if its ok to keep screwing it more to get little more height, the bump stop its about 1" from touching the arm, that's better then how it was before but still not enough height, im getting new shocks to see if that makes any differents before lifting the key more..

bowdown916

Reaction score
I just install new front shocks , and the bump stops still about 1" from touching the arm, not sure if that's how it suppost to be or it might be something else...

also when I turn the wheels, I feel in the steering wheel like a little noise or like a bump, hard to explain,not sure if theres something on the steering part that you guys recommend me to check?