2002 Tahoe LS RWD... Death by deer (I'm going to moan)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tippity1

Reaction score
So.... I'm driving along, coming home Wednesday night and, BAM! A suicidal deer jumps out in front of me. This sucks :(. Thankfully, I have always carried comprehensive insurance with no deductible. Yet, I am forced to wait on an adjuster to call me sometime next week to come out and look at my Tahoe. It is not able to be driven, this is ridiculous! Here are the stats:
2002 Tahoe LS
5.3 RWD
227K trouble freemiles :happy160:

I have NEVER had to do more than oil changes, tires and brake pads, transmission flushed... Routine maintenance. No problems at all! (I did replace the water-pump at 212K) Otherwise, I have never had a problem with this at all! Best vehicle ever! Everything works! I was actually going to get new tires put on this Friday.
Now I am in limbo as I wait to see what they decide. I was about a mile from the house, so I coasted home. That's when I got out and saw the level of damage... Radiator leaking, AC leaking, headlight gone, airbox busted all to pieces and full of deer hair, fender and hood ruined, a little damage on the passenger door.... What do you think? Any idea on what it will cost to repair?

Attachments

• 20140828_072700_resized.jpg
    20140828_072700_resized.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 5

tippity1

Reaction score
Has anyone had to have similar repairs made?
Grill
Hood
Fender
Radiator
AC
Fender support

What did it cost you?