2002 tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CRrdr

Reaction score
Hey guys I just found this forum and it looks like it has a lot of useful info! I also just bought my hoe yesterday. Anyways my question is will a throttle body spacer from a 2000 sierra 4.8l fit on my 2002 tahoe 5.3?
Thanks,
Josh

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it will fit but they are worthless on these trucks, welcome to the site tho :cheers:

Yuke2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I just found this forum and it looks like it has a lot of useful info! I also just bought my hoe yesterday. Anyways my question is will a throttle body spacer from a 2000 sierra 4.8l fit on my 2002 tahoe 5.3?
Thanks,
Josh

Welcome :cheers:

Learn one thing right away:

TB spacers are JUNK. There have been tests upon tests of these things, even on dynos. No gains at all. Some even reduce power. I'm amazed that vendors still carry them, let alone sell them. But hey, it's your truck, do what you want man. ;)

Again, welcome aboard. This is a very good community, you'll learn alot here.

CRrdr

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the quick responses! I just figured since I all ready had it I would put it on but there is no way I would go out and spend money on one....WOW! Everyone is so friendly on this board!

Yuke2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, we've got a good group here. It was slow going when the forum first started up, but it's really come a LONG way since I first joined. I didn't really become active until about a month ago becasue this place was a ghost town when I registered...then I dropped back in to see what was new, and it was a night and day difference! We have a very well rounded community here now, it was amazing to see all of the activity compared to before.

Feel free to poke around and ask whatever questions you want, but alot of the same topics get discussed frequently - so use that search function at the top since there is alot of good info buried here in old threads.

Again, welcome. Lets see some pics of your 'hoe! :thumbsup:

CRrdr

Reaction score
Here ya go! Sorry but its the only pick i have. I got the pick from where i found it at on the internet.

tahoe-1.jpg

Its got a yellow top, air raid, 4.56's with 35" nitto's, hypertech, flowmaster and a nice stereo. I think I am going to get some lt headers next. I know they help with the bottom end but do they effect the gas milage any? Is that a good next upgrade performace wise?

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dynatechs or stainless works will make tons of power with a good tune. I'd look into a mild cam at the same time, cam swaps are simple on these trucks and will really open it up with those 4.56s.

CRrdr

Reaction score
Well I just got the spacer on and I think I'm going to take it back off next weekend. Every spacer I have heard with a intake didn't sound like squeaky breaks when your accelerating but this one does for some reason. Its kind of annoying. I knew i was going to be able to hear it but I didn't think it would sound like it did.

sgibbons74

Reaction score
O2 sensor P0157 on

Hello everyone

So I have a 2002 Tahoe 4.8lt and engine light came on and he code is P0157 (Bank2 Sensor2). I replaced the O2 sensor and drove for 75 miles and light came back on. I notice that I have a exhaust leak coming from in front of the Cat. would that make the code appear on again.

Lalo_tizoc

Reaction score
Drop kit

Hey guys I have a 2002 tahoe 5.3 and I need some advice in which drop kit I should get, I’m
Trying drop like 3 inches