2003 5.3L Tahoe - Bad hesitation/misfire - HELP!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigzoie

Reaction score
Hello All,

I'm having a problem on Bank2 side, passenger, all plugs show rich/fouled and O2 is black. Now this started when I ran through some water, hesitation started, loss of power. Tested, plugs, coils, changed coil wires, check cylinder pressure, everything good. ran Seafoam, octane boost, no improvement. Replaced regulator and filter. Tested MAP manually, good, MAF working fine. So then, took off intake manifold, inspected/cleaned, cleaned TB, put back together with new O2 (Bank 2, Sensor 1) and started working great. Not sure what the fix was.

Drove around for 2 weeks, then rains came, ran through water puddle again, and now having same issue!!!! First thing I changed was the O2, thinking that was the last fix. But no luck, Driving me nutz! Any suggestions? I don't think it's intake/TB.... could wiring be issue? maybe a short in bank2 electrical?? O2 wiring??? Issue is only on bank 2

Note: No misfire codes, intermittent MAF/MAP codes, but both have been tested good.

Really need help!

Thanks!

bigzoie

Reaction score
So after replacing both (sens 2) O2 sensors this sunday, I figured I'd take the truck for a stroll... still having misfire issue, loss of power, hesitation. Thought it be good to drive a bit further to see if it would work it self out.. Note, no codes this whole time. Cruising at 30mph, truck RPMs rev up (as if in neutral), then loud bang, and no more drive! Truck came to a stop, now tranny out! I guess all of that rough driving with the problems broke the tranny! When it rains it pours!

So truck at the shop, still haven't resolved other problems, but have to wait to get the truck back!

Does anyone think that the tranny could have anything to do with the misfires???

eshardball

Reaction score
bad misfire

It should throw a Knock sensor code but I was told by a GM mechanic that the connection to the knock sensors are prone to corrosion if they get exposed to any water and will cause all sorts of drivability issues.

I am chasing a bad miss and GM told me to change the intake manifold gaskets on my 2001 as they are prone to failure. Did you use any sealant when you replaced the intake gaskets?