2003 Tahoe LT: Entire Instrument Cluster is out..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lsualum2001

Reaction score
It was working over the weekend, but everything was out this AM: Tach, Speed, OP, WT, Fuel and Batt.

Up to this point, the only thing going on was a turn signal issue which would intermittently stop flashing in the dash upon turning.

This morning, I cranked it up and it ran for a half-second turning off. This has never happened before. When I re-cranked, the instrument panel was dead.

The driver info is still working so I can atleast know when I need to get fuel.

I've heard the issues with bad istrument clusters so I know it could be this, but what are the usual things to look for if it hasn't failed: Fuses, connections, grounding, etc.

TIA

clkelley

Reaction score
Welcome to the neighborhood!

I believe you have an ignition module going bad since it happened along with a starting issue. Sounds like ignition module in the column needs replaced, it can effect things in the dash as well as several other places in the electrical system for the engine, etc.

lsualum2001

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip.

I had the trim off and was going to remove the cluster when I made it home Monday, but everything started working again later in the afternoon.

I'll be looking at it this evening in hopes of potentially narrowing it down, but if it doesn't trip off again, I'll have a hell of a time troubleshooting it.

NCFD4303

Reaction score
It sounds like a short in the cluster or a BCM going bad. Make sure to check for corrison in the BCM plugs.

lsualum2001

Reaction score
One last piece of information: Over the last several months, I've had issues with it not cranking about once per week. The battery has a charge, and the instruments will initialize when putting the key into the on position, but the battery instrument will peg low when trying to crank and it will not turn over. After a few minutes, it'll crank without any issues.

Ignition switch/module? BCM?

TIA

bakdrft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm, I have similar problems. My cluster is out too. But no starting problems. In the past when it intermittently works, I had to tap on the dash to make cluster come on, Now its completely disabled. All I get is a check engine light.

Zachr13

Reaction score
I have the same exact problem in my 2000 Tahoe. I pulled a known good cluster from a silverado at a junk yard. Going to see if that fix's it. Will let you know my results

scorpio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cluster

Hmm, I have similar problems. My cluster is out too. But no starting problems. In the past when it intermittently works, I had to tap on the dash to make cluster come on, Now its completely disabled. All I get is a check engine light.

Hi there i have a 2003 Tahoe and i have exactly the same problem. Just wandering if u found out the problem

WarrenH

Reaction score

Hi there i have a 2003 Tahoe and i have exactly the same problem. Just wandering if u found out the problem

Any solutions???

2004ChrisTahoe

Reaction score
instrument cluster

Any solutions???

Anybody get theirs fixed ???

I am replacing my instrument cluster in my 2003 Tahoe, and I think this is the first year they need to be programmed (information transferred).
Is there a programming device available for this Instrument Cluster programming available for purchase ?? Make ? Model ? Were you successful using it ?

jimer

Reaction score
I am having this problem.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk