2004 Tahoe Z71 - Seat question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nemesis1s

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

New poster here long time lurker. My first post didn't seem to go through.

I have a 2004 Tahoe Z71. I have been having some issues with it and was hoping for some insight.
It has heated seats, lumbar adjustor, the works when it comes to the seats. When we first bought it the driver’s seat was totally dead. The sales lot looked into it and said that it was a ground. Once “fixed,†the heated seat section started working, the lumbar came to life, and the seat could be adjusted – it worked great.

Fast forward a couple of months:

Tonight my wife tries to drive the truck for the first time to have some tire work done. The seat would not move at all. No noise from the motors at all. The lumbar support and the heated part still work fine though, the seat just will not move.

I have attached pictures I took while dropping it off tonight, it looks like this might be the ground that the guy “fixed.†Any thoughts or opinions? Am I barking up the wrong tree?
It looks like the ground wire is broken a bit at the seat bolt he grounded it to, only a few strands of metal are holding it on. Would a weak ground let the other options work but not let the seat motors work?

I appreciate any help guys. This thing is driving me bonkers.

Oh also, I have replaced my power mirrors recently, both door panels were off, the alternator has been replaced as well.

IMG_20170215_212936_zpsxow2qknc.jpg

IMG_20170215_212941_zpsy6t2zqcb.jpg

IMG_20170215_212945_zpsfgrboit4.jpg

IMG_20170215_212949_zpsnwtslksj.jpg

IMG_20170215_212953_zpsimmxepqm.jpg