2007+ ebony cloth lint traps.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1stimeyukon

Reaction score
i awlays thought i was the only one with this problem but apparantly im not. i was surfing through gmfs.com and found a thread about a tech service bulletin on replacing the cloth seats. and some people have also tried getting the dealer to upgrade to leather for a small fee. not sure if it exists but here it is

TSB#07-08-50-018B: Excessive Lint Accumulation on Ebony Colored Cloth Seats (Replace All Seat Covers, Headrests and Armrests) - (Jan 22, 2009)

Important: Implementation of this service bulletin by "GM of Canada" dealers requires prior Warranty Manager approval.
Condition

Some customers may comment on excessive lint accumulation on the cloth seat material. Darker colored seat fabric seems to show the condition more than lighter fabrics.
Cause

The source of the lint accumulation is not the seat fabric material. The seat material, though, exhibits a tendency to accumulate and retain lint from sources that come into contact with the fabric.
Correction

Important: All seats will need to be updated in the vehicle. Let customers with RPO 19D know that the appearance of the insert material will be noticeably different.
If the customer has ebony colored cloth seats, replace the seat covers (back and cushion), the headrests and the armrests with revised fabric. Refer to SI for the appropriate seat back and cushion cover, headrest and armrest replacement procedures.
Parts Information

Important: Parts for RPO AE7 (Front Split Seat) are NOT available at this time, this bulletin will be revised when parts become available.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alot of people have this problem!!
Stupid mistake on GM's part to me!