2007 LTZ Needs New Lifters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boeing4801

Reaction score
EWell as im sure many of you know the lifters on these 5.3L Vortecs tend to be sketchy and I have one that is acting up. I have ran everything through it from marvels mystery oil to STP fuel/uplifter cleaner and Lucas mixed with my oil. Even tried the old tranny fluid with oil trick. Nothing has worked, and I know it is my lifters because the sound goes away after their primed. Was wondering if there was any other options at this point as I have been quoted around $2300-$2500 to replace all 16. How hard is it to replace yourself? I'm pretty good with hands on things but don't want to get myself in to something I can't get out of. If not I would almost consider a new engine and transmission which leads to the question of getting the newer tranny that was in the 09+ model which was the 5 or 6 speed. Wasn't sure if I could look for that model year engine and transmission and it still fit. Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks

Last edited: