2007 tahoe 4wd module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NathT

Reaction score
TCCM module

Ladybitz, I think since the thread is 3 years old, maybe they did not reply. Did you ever fix your problem? My 2007 started sending a message "SERVICE 4WD" and "SERVICE TRACTION CONTROL" and the truck will not go into 4WD. I changed the dash switch and nothing changed. I had a friend scan it with a super scan tool of his and it gave a code for "lost communication with Transfer Case" I have had no other issues and have been driving it. I really would like to fix it without having to take it to the Stealership.
Nath

Ladybitz

Reaction score
I took it in about a month ago to pep boys and they ran a diagnostic on the electrical to check for shorts and grounds. They used they're scan tool to try an communicate with all the different modules.They said the transfer case control module was bad. The problem is I tried replacing the module about a year ago and it did not solve my problem. I got it from autozone and they are suppose to be preprogrammed whereas the dealer installs it and then programs it. I actually just ordered a preprogrammed module again last night and will try it again. If that doesn't work I will try the position sensor in the transfer case like someone recommended earlier in this thread. I'll let you know if that solves the problem.

NathT

Reaction score
Ok so I replaced my Brake switch module located on the brake pedal shaft about 2/3 the way up under the dash. I started it up and the "service traction control" "service 4wd" lights went off and the lights on the 4x4 switch lit back up!!! I so happy drove it for about 5 min down the road. Next morning, start it up no lights on 4x4 switch, "service 4wd" back on. Now I have been driving this thing about 12K without 4x4 because i can just push the info button and the warning stops. I am so damn depressed!!!!!\
Nath

Ladybitz

Reaction score
A new transfer case control module fixed my problem. I installed it a few days ago and wanted to wait to make sure the check engine light didn’t come back on. I’m happy to say that it is finally fixed!!! Finally after a whole year I can use my four wheel drive again! The first one I bought did not mention that you had to plug the 3 harnesses in a certain order...that is probably why it didn’t work the first time I tried it. This time the module came with a sticker that said to plug the four prong harness in last to avoid communication errors. I would definitely try the tccm. I got mine from oreily auto parts. The module is located directly above the E brake release handle. Let me know how it works out for you. Best of luck!