2008 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RyanbabZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys new member here. I currently own a 2000 Silverado Z71 and 2000 Impala (I will be keeping both). I am a member of a few other gm forums and there is very low interest/members with Tahoes. I am going to be purchasing a new 08 Tahoe hopefully early spring (march/april). I havent been able to really find anything close to what I want (see below), everything seems to be 4wd. MSRP on this vehicle is 37,700 (not include the possibles below). Any suggestions on this vehicle? Anyone order one and how long did it take? I ordered my Silverado and it was delivered in less than 4 wks (the fort wayne gm plant was less than 45 min away from where I ordered). Anyone running flex fuel in their tahoe? I will more than likely run it 100% of the time, a buddy of mine has a silverado and consitantly gets 16 mpg with it. Anything will be better than my avg of 14mpg in my truck I guess.

-2wd
- 5.3 Flexfuel
-LT
-Silver Birch
- Ebony Cloth
- 3rd row
- Locking rear

- possible 20" wheels & sunroof???

Thanks!

Ryan

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
Hey guys new member here. I currently own a 2000 Silverado Z71 and 2000 Impala (I will be keeping both). I am a member of a few other gm forums and there is very low interest/members with Tahoes. I am going to be purchasing a new 08 Tahoe hopefully early spring (march/april). I havent been able to really find anything close to what I want (see below), everything seems to be 4wd. MSRP on this vehicle is 37,700 (not include the possibles below). Any suggestions on this vehicle? Anyone order one and how long did it take? I ordered my Silverado and it was delivered in less than 4 wks (the fort wayne gm plant was less than 45 min away from where I ordered). Anyone running flex fuel in their tahoe? I will more than likely run it 100% of the time, a buddy of mine has a silverado and consitantly gets 16 mpg with it. Anything will be better than my avg of 14mpg in my truck I guess.

-2wd
- 5.3 Flexfuel
-LT
-Silver Birch
- Ebony Cloth
- 3rd row
- Locking rear

- possible 20" wheels & sunroof???

Thanks!

Ryan

Welcome to the forum as I have yet to find Ethanol as I would run it despite the lower mileage. I run mostly short trips anyway, and yes people can not only hate me for driving an SUV, but causing the price of corn to go up, buy hay I would rather see a farmer get rich than some rag head in the middle east who hates us and wants us dead anyway.

RyanbabZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would rather see a farmer get rich than some rag head in the middle east who hates us and wants us dead anyway.

My exact sentiment. Especially living in Indiana where a bunch of ethanol plants are slated to open in the next few yrs. Hopefully the price of ethanol will fall and that is why I want flexfuel. There are a few local stations that already carry it and it is 30-40 cents cheaper and calculating what I hear what milage people I know are getting its basically a break even or a very very slight loss.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
My exact sentiment. Especially living in Indiana where a bunch of ethanol plants are slated to open in the next few yrs. Hopefully the price of ethanol will fall and that is why I want flexfuel. There are a few local stations that already carry it and it is 30-40 cents cheaper and calculating what I hear what milage people I know are getting its basically a break even or a very very slight loss.

I live in SOCAL so good luck finding it here. There is a place in San Diego, but that is just not convenient.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea there is a place about 45 minuites from me that sells it about 75 cents cheaper, filled up once just to try it and found i spend more money for the 2 hour round trip just to get gas and a hotdog from the station, then if i put premium fuel in at the station about 4 minuites away from me.:nonod: :umn:

RyanbabZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sucks, we have a station less than 5 miles away from my house and there is another by work. They are popping up around here left and right this past year.

RyanbabZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best Rebate ever offered for Tahoes

I see Chevy has a new $2000 rebate for the Tahoes until 3/3/08

What is the highest you have ever seen? Before this $1000 was

Tahoe07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you say LT do you mean LT1? There are three LTs (LT1,LT2, LT3)

The power lift gate is VERY handy and I wouldn't do without it now.

Consider that you can add alot of things after you buy but some are more difficult that others. Power, heated, signal mirrors can be added but it won't be cheap.

See what the loaded ones have and determine what you can't do without out. If you have to have it be sure to determine if it can be added and for how much.

terd fergeson

Reaction score

the rebates on 08s ive seen is bout 2grand. i bought my 07tahoe in october and got 5 grand rebate.

beach109

Full Access Member
Reaction score

As said here, right now is about the highest it's been on 2008's--$2000 cash rebate PLUS the $1000 GM loyalty rebate (as long as you have a '99 or newer GM vehicle in the household). So, $3000. It rarely goes above this level, except for at the very end of the model year. For instance, this last fall, after 2008's had started, the 2007 leftovers had $5000 to try and clear them out.

As for your other questions, the power liftgate is GREAT, but you can't get it on anything but the 3LT or the LTZ levels. That sucks, as it's a feature you can get on lower trims on vehicles such as the Buick Enclave and Saturn Outlook...but GM just sees fit to still restrict it to only the top, most loaded trim levels.

I find a 1LT 2wd (absolutely no desire for 4wd, and we've had (2) 2wd GM SUV's in a row...an Avalanche and then a Suburban), VERY attractive myself. Love the cloth seats, and also how you can mix and match every little feature you want or don't, except for the power liftgate and remote start. But on that last point, at least, the remote start is technically "there", you just have to buy the remotes as an accessory and the dealer has to reprogram the vehicle for them to work. This is standard 2LT and up, but again, just weird equipment choice by GM.

Also, if I were you, I'd get the sunroof and 20's...one because the sunroof is a nice feature to have as far as fresh air and making a very cave-like vehicle seem more open, and two because the OEM GM 20's (painted silver in the case of the 1LT) look fantastic on the Tahoe, and maintain the great standard ride & handling.

Right now, since there's really no huge demand for these SUV's...order one, get a good deal (invoice minus all rebates is great, and usually easy to get), and it shouldn't take long at all to get since there's no backlog of anything.

RyanbabZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry I didnt specify what LT but when i say LT i mean the lowest so LT1

I was building one tonight and the power lift gate was part of a package on the LT1. Maybe the web is wrong but it took it.

I do have an 00 silverado so i would get an extra 1K. Only thing I probably wont get it before 3/3/08 so I would have to roll the dice on rebates

RyanbabZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just checked the chevy website and you can only get the power lift gate on the LT3 and Up models. Oh well I dont need all those options with that.

beach109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just checked the chevy website and you can only get the power lift gate on the LT3 and Up models. Oh well I dont need all those options with that.

Yes, just as I said. It's a bummer, since they offer other SUV's with the feature available on lower trims...but just don't on the biggest, most expensive SUV's unless you go really full boat with leather, etc.

Same with remote start, but I would still HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend getting that as the accessory GM offers, since it doesn't come with 1LT's but is not hard for the dealer to reflash on and setup the new remotes. Should be a factory option, and not an after the fact GM accessory, but that's just how they do it.

akim47

Reaction score
i'd say get a used 2007. ive run across some that are rediculously cheap... i think recession worries and gas prices are scaring people away from SUVs. i got my denali for $46500 + tax&license (MSRP @ $55K). i took a look and u can get a used 2007 with low miles for $40-41K. that's quite a substantial drop for an almost brand new car. im sure u can find a package that's acceptable to you at a good price.

Mystic_angeleyes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!:yaya:

I absolutely love my Tahoe! We ordered the LTZ without DVD in it because i wanted a larger screen. So i have one now and will soon be getting it installed. I'm 5'1" so the power liftgate is a must! Wouldn't go without now! It's pricey but i figured for as long as i plan on driving this i want it to be comfortable and don't wanna have regrets about what i should've just paid a little extra for instead of doing without!

RyanbabZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Used? Nah not when I have the max gm points on my gm card. Id rather buy new since I will probably keep it a while (my truck is almost 8 yrs old and I have no plans on getting rid of it)

akim47

Reaction score
i see... hey, new is good too! i do vote for the LT3 package, though (if your budget can take it)... i really do think its worth some extra dimes. i remember when shopping for mine. i really dig the remote start and the power lift gate. since i use mine in the snow, the leather was a must since i hate wet cloth interior. we just carry some rags in the car and wipe the leather dry in no time. good luck with your purchase. i do agree, there are a bunch of options i dont really use like the button that folds the rear seats up, etc...