2015 or 2016 Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wgsharpe1128

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Firs time poster here! I am currently in the market for a new vehicle and am seriously considering a Tahoe. I have previously only driven Toyotas but am ready to move away from those.

My price range is $43k at the highest possible end. I have realized that this can get me a 2015 LTZ with rough 40-50k miles or a 2016 LT with around the same amount of miles. There may be a little variation there. I really like the LTZ setup with the captains chairs and entertainment setup but the 2016 has Apple Carplay which helps future proof the vehicle. Does anyone know if it is possible to add Apple Carplay to the 2015 LTZ? Is the 2015 better than the 2016 or vice versa? Am I making Carplay too big of a deal? Am I making the LTZ too big of a deal?

Does anyone have an idea of when the prices will come down on the 2016 LTZs?

Lastly, as I have looked through reviews of the Tahoe, specifically on Consumer Reports, I have noticed that the reliability is rated as 1/5. Can anyone speak to why this may be?

Thanks ahead of time for any help!

Miami-Dade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check out tahoeyukonforum.com

It is the sister site and is more active plus you find all the answers to any question you ask about the 2015 and 2016.

I have 2016 Tahoe LT..You really do not want the first year production..There were some issues with the 2015..A/C and other stuff.