2015 Tahoe rough idle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jenni924

Reaction score
I am having a rough idle in drive and park feels like it's running out of Gas anyone else have this problem help

alemaguie

Reaction score
I'm having same problem going to dealer tomorrow regarding issue.

alemaguie

Reaction score
I am having a rough idle in drive and park feels like it's running out of Gas anyone else have this problem help

They were not able to fix problem they bought it back. They did reprogram, engine mounts, de carb and did not make it better. Took it six times for problem.

twofeet020

Reaction score
They were not able to fix problem they bought it back. They did reprogram, engine mounts, de carb and did not make it better. Took it six times for problem.

my truck is currently in the dealer for this for the 3rd time. just received a call from my service adviser that they now loosened all the motors mounts including transmission mount and retorqued them. the tech told the adviser it made a difference. i will have to drive the truck when i pick it up later today to see for myself.

will update you soon.

twofeet020

Reaction score

6 times for the problem...wow, sounds like a lemon to me

Margusm

Reaction score
2015 Chevy Tahoe Rough Idle

I just purchased 2015 Tahoe. As starts idling rough when IN GEAR as soon as the engine gets warm enough and goes below 500 RPM. In neutral the RPM is above 500 and this does not happen.

I've took it to 3 mechanics so far and nobody knows. Chevy says there is no code error and they cannot fix it. Everybody sees the problem as it's noticeably rough.

Truck has 44k miles and should not have problems like this.

Please advise. Any help is appreciated.

Margus

twofeet020

Reaction score
Did it work?

i can't begin to say how disappointed i am in GM. I sent in the lemon law paperwork and they told me they needed to conduct an FRA (Final Repair Attempt). Long story short, they brought in some tech they told me who just flies around the country fixing these quirky issues. Dropped off my truck at my local dealer for this tech to assess. dealer called me back the next day saying that updated motor mounts will be coming out later this year to address this and that there is no issue with my vehicle. how does that make sense?

why would upgraded motor mounts come out if the vehicle supposedly has no issue. this is the biggest non-sense i have ever heard. Been buying GM vehicles for the last 35 years. Probably the last one i buy with the way they have handled this.

Margusm

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. Just FYI I have seen in few places that motor mount alignment supposedly fixed this issue.
I've not done it myself so I do not know if it works.

I'm disappointed in GMC same way. I've always had good experience with them until now.

Since my dealer's tech said noting or knew nothing about the potential fix coming soon I would say it's another "story".

They will ONLY come up with a solution if there is enough noise made. That's why everybody who has this issue or has had this issue needs to submit a complaint to GMC. They hope it will simply go away. Yet thousands of people are stuck with non functional vehicles.

69meano

Reaction score
It is a lean condition at idle -no fix yet...have had all done as everyone has stated

Margusm

Reaction score
Time for lemon lawsuit

Unless we get organized and complain in large numbers GMC / Chevy WILL NOT bother to fix it. I was told so by technician at one of the most prestigious store in Central Florida.

I have a lemon lawyer if anyone else wants to join me. We need to organize a mass complaint to fix this.

I DO NOT WANT TO BE STUCK WITH $50K+ VEHICLE WHICH DOES NOT RUN CORRECTLY!!

I will create a Facebook page where people can submit their complaints. Making noise is only way to fix this issue!

MGHick007

Reaction score
Count me in. New to the forum but in the same boat. My wife drives our 2015 Tahoe LT "Texas Edition". Just had it serviced for the 4th time and no change. The 3rd time they just shimmed the mounts which is obviously easier for the tech than installing new mounts all together. On this fourth attempt, the Service rep told me they installed the new style mounts. Immediately got in and noticed less shake in drive but still some however, it now shakes more while in Park and neutral which it did not do before. Wife is extremely frustrated, as am I. Also, side trim panels between front/rear doors (Windows) on both sides would flap like crazy at highway speed but they fixed that on visit 3 (probably just squirted apoxy or adhesive in behind them). Finally, we reported on visit #2 (along with idle issue again) that the rubber (accordion looking) side guide seals for the sun roof were not staying in place when attempting to close. They would shift around and get pinched when closing. They fixed them to stay in place but now we have a leak each time there is a heavy rain and it starts dripping slowly out of the passenger sun visor bracket once you get in and start driving. Can you believe it!? Unbelievable! Researching now for what legal recourse we may have.

MGHick007

Reaction score
Forgot to include your quote before my recent reply post so check it out when possible.

rhellesoe

Reaction score
Any leads to the issue with the rough idle? I just came across the thread.

69meano

Reaction score
Had the mounts shimmed and induction cleaning(i did) and rough idle went away and has not come back since.

Jcorr

Reaction score
2016 here same issue. They are running idle rpm to low because of EPA . GM will never raise it. Get an independent shop to bump it up above 550 600 and it will be better