5" Rear Spring Drop Guys..Is your ride Bouncy??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mark

Reaction score
That was it. I contacted DJM today and that was also there guess on what was wrong. I didn't have the directions the first time around and I wanted to keep the sway bar centered under the rear as you should normally do. Who would have that the the 1" the swaty bar moved to the right would have made all of the difference. I still went ahead and ordered the correct DJM shocks for the kit.

Thanks Guys:D

I've gotta agree with Matt14, did you install the DJM rear sway bar links? If so, did you slide the sway bar over and drill that extra hole for the new mounts? If not, this is whats causing your bouncy ride, the panhard bar is hittin on the sway bar. Just do like we did on Matt's truck and put the stock sway bar links back on and see the difference. Im almost positive your shocks or springs have nothing to do with it.

So those DJM rear sway bar links are only needed if you're running the 5'' drop coils out back?

Will that kit be needed for the 3'' drop coils?

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don't need anything besides the stock links for any drop out back. I've gone from 3" to 4" to over 4.5" and everything is chill. I'll be upgrading to some 5" djm coils with the isolators removed and I'm sure they'll be alright, JK has been running the same sh*t for years and hasn't had any issues. Buy some 3" coils with shock extensions and you'll be just fine.

Mark

Reaction score
You don't need anything besides the stock links for any drop out back. I've gone from 3" to 4" to over 4.5" and everything is chill. I'll be upgrading to some 5" djm coils with the isolators removed and I'm sure they'll be alright, JK has been running the same sh*t for years and hasn't had any issues. Buy some 3" coils with shock extensions and you'll be just fine.

Got the 3'' coils already. Awaiting the PM from you regarding your shock mounts.

Also, when I had my 3'' DJM coils installed on my Tahoe for 5 months, I didn't know I needed the shock extenders, do you think this damaged my OEM shocks? I hope not.

When I took the 3'' springs out last month, I noticed both rubber spring insulators from the top were cut from the springs. So I'm assuming I'd need to replace those now? Anyone had this problem?

Here's a pic:

IMG_2446.jpg

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never read the pm but I do get alot of them. Isolators are only for keeping the springs quiet, if they make noise pull those out and install new ones but I've been driving without them for over 10k and haven't heard anything (I sprayed the coil buckets with white lithium grease). Your stock shocks should be fine, just buy some extensions and call it good.

Turbizzy

Reaction score
Yeah you don't technically need to replace your rear sway bar links with the shorter DJM ones that come in the kit, you can use the stock ones with no modifications. The rear sway will be angled weird but at least it still works like normal. DJM sends you some shorter links to try to correct the angle of the sway bar but since the panhard bar is now in the way since you lowered the rear, it does require some cutting and drilling a new mounting hole for the left sway bar mount since you need to slide the sway bar towards the passenger side for clearance from the panhard bar. But all this can be avoided by just using the stock links. Although anything lower than 5 inches in the back and you might need to use the shorter links due to the sway bar being close to the ground...