6l80e longevity?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jbthomp

Reaction score
How many miles are people getting from the 6L80E before it has major problems? I have a 13 Tahoe with about 120k on it. I don’t have any problems with it yet but I have been thinking about rebuilding the trans before it leaves me stranded somewhere.

07burb

Reaction score
How many miles are people getting from the 6L80E before it has major problems? I have a 13 Tahoe with about 120k on it. I don’t have any problems with it yet but I have been thinking about rebuilding the trans before it leaves me stranded somewhere.
Rebuilding a trans 'just because' is pretty silly IMO a 4L80e will last an extraordinary amount of time unless you tow with it a lot and let it get hot on a regular basis without ever changing the fluid in it. I'd definitely change the fluid but you probably don't need a rebuild if it's not acting up on you unless you just enjoy wasting money.