95 Tahoe 2dr brake issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JDFabworks

Reaction score
I've noticed lately driving my tahoe that when braking, I hear a whooshing air noise from firewall area under dash. Within the last few days, it has happened when hitting brakes hard and I can hear the air noise constant when my foot stays on the brakes. Also, the brakes are stiff if that makes sense almost as if they are not wanting to stop. And I almost have to stand on brake pedal to stop truck. But it is intermittent as far as that scenario, meaning brakes not working properly. But the air whooshing noise is every time I apply brakes. If I am slowing down in enough time brakes work decent but spongy. But at least I stop safely. So, my question is this the brake booster taking a dump on me or something else. Research I've done thus far mostly points to that being the culprit. Any suggestions are much appreciated!

twicepipes

Reaction score
brake issue

You need a new brake booster. If you want to test it block off the vacuum line going to the booster, then push the brake pedal to hear if the whooshing noise goes away.