98 Tahoe Lt failed emissions test

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

labguy6101

Reaction score
Hi my Tahoe failed emotions the fail code was p1345 manufacturer controlled ignition system misfire. It is 4x4 and has the 5.7 engine
I did have a burnt plug wire and replaced all the wires. How do I remove this code and not clear all the codes or clear all the codes and reset the needed ones. The guy at the test station said if I clear all the codes it will not pass because there are no codes. So what to do? Any help would've great, Thanks

Jounier11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it should pass just clear all service engine soon codes and you should be fine (if there's no problem) if your truck is running fine and has no problems just clear pcm codes and pass it thats all it takes and :welcome: to the forums :D

labguy6101

Reaction score
Jounier: Thanks for the responce. The guy at the test center told me if I clear the codes I would fail. He said there were other "good" codes that needed to be in there to pass. I have herd that there is a pattern that you have to drive to reset the "good" codes but havent been able to find it. Any help?
Thanks for the welcome!

Jounier11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When has there ever been any "good" codes come from SES light or PCM? There's no pattern just clear them and thats that if something needs to be fixed they will pop up again on there own.

samotahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol what hes talking about is "monitors" in order to run the smog check you need at least 2 not completed in order to run the test. basically its a check list for the computer, after you clear the code then computer is in a "relearn" process. this process can take a few drive cycles to complete. basically after you clear the code then you can run the monitors by driving the vehicle. you need a scanner to be able to check these or the smog shop should check them at no charge cuz it only takes a few seconds. best thing to do is to clear the code, and drive the truck above 40mph for about ten miles and find a highway of some sort that speed limit is about 50 and has stop lights. drive on that for about 7 to ten miles then have the guy check them. i can normally get the monitors to complet in about 45min. but you need to start the vehicle from a cold start.

i work at a shop that does smog and repair and we are constantly dealing with this after repairs so we kind of have a routine to run the monitors so the customers can get their cars back as soon as possible