98 yukon wont start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wht98yukon

Reaction score
ok so i havent started my truck for 2 days. i finally go to start it tonite and it will not turn over. My fuel pump turns on when i turn key to start and the starter goes like it should. doesnt sound any different then any other day but jsut wont start. but when i stop turning it over it spits fuel out of top of engine? why?

i have never ever had a problem with this truck, not one thing. and now this. my brother had it for 5 years from texas and now its in nj and i had it for 6 months, no issues. my friend took a spark plug out and tested for spark, and it was faint. could it be ignition coil? its aftermarket plugs, but looks like stock wires. much help please. thanks

41racing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you need a tune-up. Get new plugs, wires, cap, and rotor. I would only use ac delco stuff too. You should replace the fuel filter also.

wht98yukon

Reaction score
fuel filter was replaced a month ago, and for some reason truck seems fine now. if that stuff was bad, why would it flood my engine?

41racing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because it cant fire the mixture, when it finally does it backfires and blows it out the top.