99 Tahoe Idle ruff on cold start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SouthJerseyTahoe

Reaction score
I have no doubt, you're just limited on your diagnostic equipment and unfortunately thats what you need to get access to the info you need to see exactly whats going on and believe me sometimes you gotta be Johnny on the spot with your scanner hooked up and watching the screen when your gremlin shows his head. Welcome to my life. I'm the guy who's ass is on the line to be right every time all the time or I hear **** from the customer about "I thought you said". Doctors dont even have to deal with the stress that we do. information is everything.

justimagination

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:peace:Sometimes its cheaper to swallow your pride and find a good tech and spend an hours diag time to give you the answer that you have been stressing out, losing sleep and money over.

Just read the post all way through. I believe the above statement would be best, JMHO. Sometimes you look so hard @ something you will overlook the simplest little thing, such as a vaccum leak. My Tahoe has just turned 173K and is all original, starts from outside the door everytime and runs perfect. Are you sure you don't have a collapsed baffle in the muffler ??? What goes in an engine has to get out, just a thought from years ago a similar problem. Good luck,
david g. :rolleyes:

99hoeon33s

Reaction score
Actually it did when i gt the truck thats why i gutted the cats but it didnt help then i changed the mufflers to thrush nd it was a BIG difference

SouthJerseyTahoe

Reaction score
I didnt mean a "goot tech" in comparison to yourself I meant not some guy thats gonna take some guesses at it and will actually test components.