99 Tahoe with third row seat?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonMud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you are going to have to post some pics when you done...I'd love to see how everything went together.

madspeed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same ones I purchased a few years ago, but dang, I paid $99!! Just set them in place where you'd like them, mark em good, cut out the floors with a grinding wheel( I wouldn't recommend torching due to the fuel tank being below), weld in the brackets, prime and paint it up to keep from rusting, and 'viola, third row seats!!

madspeed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll be away till Tuesday, but will post some pics of mine when I get back in

Class_D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the Brackets thursday and I'm eager to get them installed. Since I dont have the time or a grinder wheel, this project is gonna have to wait til next weekend. I am curious to know how much clearence there is between the top of the gas tank to the bottom of the floor of the Cab? I'm sure the pieces cut out will fall on top of the tank so I hope those can be recovered without too much effort.

I will post some pics as soon as I can find my USB cable...

madspeed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am curious to know how much clearence there is between the top of the gas tank to the bottom of the floor of the Cab? I'm sure the pieces cut out will fall on top of the tank so I hope those can be recovered without too much effort.

theres a few inches, just be careful! I used a rotary grinder with a cutoff wheel, think it was a 4" round unit. was easy to do

Class_D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about having the 3rd row seat atleast 12-15 inches away from the seats inthe rear for leg space but still have some space for small cargo in back of the 3rd row.

For those who have done this mod, how many inches away from the rear seat did you put your 3rd row, for leg space?

ceferinodez

Reaction score
i am trying to put the 3rd row seat out of a 2000 yukon into a 2000 tahoe will it work and how many brackets do i need.

Class_D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
W'sup Everybody, The wait is over!

I want to appologise for taking so long to upload some pics. The pics I took with my camera phone and I think they are okay. I posted (4) them in the Gallery for every one to check out. I realy wish I could have taken some pics while the actual install was happening but even that was a task in itself. A good friend of mine gave a very helping hand in this project and after 6 hours, 2 cutting disc's and alot of sunshine we got it done! Thanks a bunch Tom!

NacIK

Reaction score
Class D,

Does your seat flip forward for storage and also come out as easily as the new Tahoe's do? I was looking at the in-laws vehicle and liked how the seat flips down then forward. Then only one more leaver pull takes the whole thing out. Plus it is two independent seats, for more flexibility with cargo. Was thinking of cutting out my floor board and installing the brackets for some of these, but might just get the Suburban ones if they flip down and are not hard to remove and reinstall for storage.

Class_D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 3rd row does flip down but does not go forward. Since I've had the 3rd row in I've only had to remove it once. Honestly it came out as easy as it was to put back in. I have seen the 3rd row for the 2000+ tahoe's and yes they are sweet. I am very happy with the suburban 3rd row in my tahoe, plus it matches my interior! (almost as if it were factory, imo)

I hope this info helps, I posted pics in the gallery, check'em out.