99 Tahoe with third row seat?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Class_D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First off, I love my Tahoe LS. It makes a great family vehical. My family is growing with me and my wife expecting our fourth child this June/July. Our three boys fit perfectly in the rear passenger seats but I know we cant fit four little ones, so that brings up this question(s):

Did the 99 4DR Tahoe (LS or LT) have the option for a third row seat? If not, has anyone done any cutomizing to get one in there truck? and last, has anyone ever seen, considered or gone this route?:

http://www.littlepassengerseats.com/chevy_tahoe.htm

Any feedback would be appreciated.

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, the third row option wasn't available until the 2000-style models. I haven't heard of the seats you mentioned, but would go with a forward facing if possible...the kids may get carsick in the rear facing option.

Class_D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I do go with the third row seat in the link above it will definatley have to be installed facing forward, I wouldnt have any other way.

qlc1964

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you will have to cut the floor out for the brackets i seen these on ebay.

i think a member on this forum did this in his tahoe with pics or www.suvworld.com. it looks like it will be a hassle to get in&out.

qlc1964

Full Access Member
Reaction score
go to the fourth page and look under 3rd row seats.

member is "one ina mill 74" and he has pics of this feat to.

Class_D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good looking out, I'll check it out.

Class_D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I couldnt find anything with pics. could you post a link to that page?

qlc1964

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the new post pushes the old posts back so it was on 4 but now it moved on page 5. i just looked at it.

p

Class_D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You gotta forgive my goofyness bro, I looked and I couldnt find chit. I did follow up with Little Passenger's web site and I think I'll go with a forward facing seat.

usmc6213

Reaction score
The wife and I have a 99 4dr and we have 2 kids we were thinking about getting a new car, but considering we don't owe on the Hoe, we figured paying 1100 for a 3rd row seat would be cheaper than getting another car. We are getting a fwd facing one in May from that website. I think that the shoulder belt is an option on that seat. Might want to go with it. Also, it helps if you have the barn doors on the back and not the lift/tailgate.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, the third row option wasn't available until the 2000-style models. I haven't heard of the seats you mentioned, but would go with a forward facing if possible...the kids may get carsick in the rear facing option.

i have sat backwards in planes before (and i hate flying) and cars, i dont see why its any different weather your going forward or backwards.:confused:

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember years ago riding in the back of a station wagon with rear facing seats in the cargo area....it made me carsick and for some reason the memory stuck.

Hopefully others wouldn't have that problem. I can't even read while riding on a plane or in a car without feeling like I'm going to puke. It's a real pain!

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember years ago riding in the back of a station wagon with rear facing seats in the cargo area....it made me carsick and for some reason the memory stuck.

Hopefully others wouldn't have that problem. I can't even read while riding on a plane or in a car without feeling like I'm going to puke. It's a real pain!

that sucks. i dont like to at all, but some times i have too. I guess you dont ride any rides at theme parks then do you? i would go nuts if i was stopped by stuff like that.

jimmy b

Reaction score
I was reading and I have done this too my 99 tahoe. Parts needed was a 99 suburban third row seat,center seat belts to make the seat lap belt only, pockets cut out of a old suburban floor, and trim for 4 pockets. Some welding is needed to put the pockets in the floor. but it was worth the trouble. good luck.

madspeed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did this to my 99 denali also. Just need to find that dang outer set belts to bolt to the floor. Anyone know where I can find a set in gray??? Oh, and my seat was out of a 99 suburban and i mounted the same way jimmie b stated.

Class_D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was reading and I have done this too my 99 tahoe. Parts needed was a 99 suburban third row seat,center seat belts to make the seat lap belt only, pockets cut out of a old suburban floor, and trim for 4 pockets. Some welding is needed to put the pockets in the floor. but it was worth the trouble. good luck.

Hey Jimmy B

Thats the same game plan I'm going with. I found a 99 Burban 3rd row seat, just need to "aquire it". then get the mounting brackets and then have them installed. After that, then I can start saving for the 22's I've been wanting...

::evil smile::

Class_D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I got the 3rd row seat off of a 99 suburban in good condition, but there's just one seat belt, the center seat belt. After looking at the Burban it came out of I noticed the shoulder seat belt straps were mounted in the roof and pulled down.

My question is for those who have already done this MOD, what did you do to make up for the missing seat belts?

thekl0wn

Reaction score
When I bought my '99 it had an aftermarket 3rd row in it... Well, it still does, and I have no use for it. I haven't read the FS rules yet, (so delete this post if it violates them) but if you want it, I'll make you a heck of a deal on it (shoot me a PM)... May be a cheaper method than getting just belts. It's grey, has lap belts, and folds down. I'll at least try to get some pics of it this weekend.

Class_D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like to see some pics of your third row seat in your cab.

Last edited: