99 Yukon 6" lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i only had mine installed because with the lack of free time i have it would have taken forever to get it done. don't have patience for that.

supaman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have some bad news for sure...got a lil carried away this weekend, alcohol involved, and broke front passenger side CV joint friday. Turned around saturday and now have my gears hanging out of my rear diff..

supaman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well friday night we all were drinkin and a buddy of ours owns a excavating company and he built some hills and a big mud bog area on his property...started gettin a lil stupid and snapped a cv joint friday but managed to get out in 2 wheel drive. saturday i wasnt so lucky. went over the same hill but let a buddy of mine with his 44" swampers go before me which made some nice deep ruts that i managed to get right into, might i add i was about 12" deep, and being that i didnt have 4wheel drive i just gave it hell...drive to first...and then a big boom, thought i was tranny but when we sobered up realized i had something hangin out of my diff...i will get a pic

supaman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
randome217.jpg

randome216.jpg

randome215.jpg

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
time for a better rear end! haha

that sux though. i have to remember not to beat on min esince it hasn't been regeared yet. blow the rear right out of it on dry pavement... especially since the trans was rebuilt and "built" a hell of alot stronger.

Need to find a better rear end thats already got the disc break set-up on it. maybe an aftermarket 4 link or something.

chevyrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
time for a better rear end! haha

that sux though. i have to remember not to beat on min esince it hasn't been regeared yet. blow the rear right out of it on dry pavement... especially since the trans was rebuilt and "built" a hell of alot stronger.

Need to find a better rear end thats already got the disc break set-up on it. maybe an aftermarket 4 link or something.

I just threw the p1870 code out the other day which is a transmission control valve body. If i decide on taking it in for a rebuild do you have any suggestions? Rebuild kits? upgraded torque converter? avg. rebuild prices? and should i even bother trying to drop the trans myself?

supaman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea actually im removing that whole rear end and a buddy of mine out there the same night busted his whole hog head in the front end so he is just goin to straight axle his 98 standard cab short bed and im gettin his axle with the 4.56 gears!!!! takin out the front drive shaft though so i dont tear my front end apart..lol fixin it sunday cant wait to get my baby back and give her a bath

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
chevyrider- i had a buddy of mine rebuild my trans so i saved quite a bit over a shop.
mines got a extreme torque package, the bigger clutch pack, better sprags, upgraded one of the planetaries to a 5 gear instead of the four, etc. etc. i need to get ahold of him and get the complete list of whats in it. i have less than 2K in it. would have probably been over 3K if it was done in a shop.

the wireing harness on our trans' has a wierd plug on it. you have to take it out a certain way or your screwed. he said something about ift being sealed or glued together to keep out the moisture and when you try to take it apart it pulls the pins from both sides out on one side... i handed over my keys and let him do it. plus with the lift it would have been pain since i don't have a trans jack that would lift that high... haha

supaman- seems like it worked out well for you! haha. going to swap the front over to the 4.56 as well? let me know how it does. i'm stuck between 4.56's or 4.88's.

supaman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea im goin to when i get the money as for right now im just goin to pull that front drive shaft and work with the 2 wheel drive...hopefully i have it by this winter or the 37" KM2's better pull me through..lol, the buddy that im gettin the axle off of had some 38 x i believe 14.50 mud grapplers and his truck launched like a bad out of hell and could burn out and not move an inch so it should be ok for my 37s

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
damn, still haven't found anyone who has swapped to the 14 bolt to see if its actually any better.

supaman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nope sorry man i have a 10...by the way im loving the gears..i went from 9.0 mpg to 16.5 mpg its amazing!!!lol

Biggwaukegan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so this 4wheel drive thing in indy the weekand of sept 19th.....is this worth the 4 hour drive from chicago? I mean if i go i want to get a kit and maybe a few other goodies. do they install or just sell the parts for real cheap? procomp what kind of package deal did you get and for how much bro? thanks and please reply because id love to go

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if your wanting it installed on site, no. i got mine done the week after at 4-wheel parts in Indianapolis. took them 3-4 days (they scheduled me over someone else, frozen caliper bleeders, needed new pitman and idler arms, etc)

last year there were tons of rigs, rock crawl, monster truck drags, they had the mud racing trucks and i want to say dirt track cars up there to, but not sure if they raced them or not. tons of vendors, and tons of cool **** that hasn't hit the sales floors yet.

i picked up my Procomp 6" lift with install, 4 Dick Cepek DC1's 16x10's, 4 ProComp 35x12.50 Xtreme M/T's, set of Chrome Coated Gibson Headers, AEM Brute Force CIA, upgraded pitman and idler arms, 4 sets of Spline Lock Lugs. I'd have to drag all the paperwork back out to get the price, but i saved over $1500 IIRC (lift was waaaay cheap)

I'll be up there this year, hopefully picking up a set of 4.56 gears. 12MPG is killing me! im dreading having to deal with the indy store bull**** agian though...