A bad BCM in a 2003 Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

James417

Reaction score
Hello all I have a 2003 chevy tahoe that was used for a chiefs vehicle at a fire department that my friend have me unfortunately it's just sitting at home due to a title issue hopefully it'll be on the road soon it's been sitting for around a year now. Thankfully he did though because it was pretty beat down. Not much rust but it had a lot of things done to it from siting. Including replacing a floor pan due to rot from a leaky seal. Anyways I've got the truck looking pristine again but I've got a few problems. First I have noticed I think either the BCM has loose wiring harness or it's a faulty unit. What's been happening is it will out of nowhere start to say "rear acces open" and then my RKE chirp wouldn't work then after a week or so go away. Now it came back and all of a sudden my dash cluster completely died. Tachometer and speedometer and everything has no signal. It still runs and drives but I think the BCM is bad. I tried moving the wiring harness around to it see if it's loose wires and that didn't seem to work. Any ideas? One more thing unfortionately due to the rot from the leaky door seals those little metal rails by the bottom of the doorways that the plastic trim clips click into are rotted away. What are those called? I would like to get new ones so my trim stays where it should be.

James417

Reaction score
It's definitely the BCM. The tahoe died from it constantly being on and sending the rear access open signal out and once charged and restarted it is now working properly again. It seems like any time the voltage gets low that BCM acts up really bad. Still want to know what those metal rails are called that hold the plastic trim clips in.

badmicnic

Reaction score
Hi James, I have the same truck and same problem. Can I be nosey and ask how much it cost for the total repair, I am afraid of sticker shock when I take mine in for estimate