A/C System Good but Compressor Won't Engauge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scumpoozie

Reaction score
Hi. Really discouraged. I just bought a 2000 tahoe limited 5.7. The button on the dash will NOT enguage the compressor. My mechanic jumped the compressor clutch and it spun. A/C blew cold air. It is NOT the really, NOT the low-pres cutoff switch and NOT any fuses. Both myself and my mechanic are at a huge loss as what is could be. The climate cnt pannel seems to be ok. Temp control will go to hot and heater works, fan speed works, defrost works, and recirc button is operational. Anything else that would disable the compressor from engauging? Thanks in advance the help is greatly appreciated.

bladenbullet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you need to monitor with a scanner to check electronic operation and use a schematic to trace the path to the compressor clutch....we could throw all kinds of guesses at you but that's not going to help...if applying power and ground to the clutch activates it you have only eliminated the clutch as the a potential fault...thers quite a bit more involved...