A few pics of my Subs...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tann808

Reaction score
(3) Alpine Type X (sealed) and Chambered for each sub (1.4 cf for each sub) I also wanted to keep my third row. The cut outs on the bottom are for the rear seat levers.

Type_X_g.jpg

Type_X_b.jpg

Type_X_c.jpg

Type_X_d.jpg

Gordo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
damm thats pretty sick do you have to slam the tail gate to get it to close or does it close without any trouble mine barely fit

Attachments

• subs.jpg
    subs.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 21

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks sweet! Wish I could keep my 3rd row but I carry too much crap and the animal would get the rear dirty, might try building a ported box for a single 12 that would work with them cuz that 3rd row would be nice at times.

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why didn't you use actual binding posts? It looks good though.

tann808

Reaction score
damm thats pretty sick do you have to slam the tail gate to get it to close or does it close without any trouble mine barely fit

Nope, fits like a glove. I can even slam it with the third row up (clears the excursions)

Why didn't you use actual binding posts? It looks good though.

I was gonna but I couldn't find (3) small ones that would fit and clear the (2) seat levers

tann808

Reaction score
Looks sweet! Wish I could keep my 3rd row but I carry too much crap and the animal would get the rear dirty, might try building a ported box for a single 12 that would work with them cuz that 3rd row would be nice at times.

Thanks!

Go for it!! a single ported 12 would be great, there's more room than I had thought, my box has a total of 4.2cf.

Your 12 would be like 2.0 - 2.5cf ported? maybe do a downfire, so you can put stuff on top of the box.

tann808

Reaction score
Great posts: http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=091-1246

Nice fitment!

One question... Aren't those subs cramped in 1.4'^2 sealed? Seems if I remember right, they start to thrive at 2.5+ ported?

Those are sweet and small too but, I'm happy with my free ones. LOL

Alpine specs
Sealed - 0.65 - 1.25
Ported - 1.00 - 2.00

Ported would've been nice but, I don't got room for 6.00 cf.

BUT....it all depends, I always tend to go bigger than the listed specs even on my ported boxes even though I perfer sealed boxes.

thekl0wn

Reaction score
Alpine's specs are always on the low side of what they really need. 2 of those ported at around 34hz in a 2+cu ft(a piece) enclosure will demolish the 3 cramped sealed. The Alpines just aren't at home in a sealed box... Though the X's tend to do a bit better. They're not an SPL sub, and aren't capable of SQ, so the sealed application doesn't really apply to them.

tann808

Reaction score
Alpine's specs are always on the low side of what they really need. 2 of those ported at around 34hz in a 2+cu ft(a piece) enclosure will demolish the 3 cramped sealed. The Alpines just aren't at home in a sealed box... Though the X's tend to do a bit better. They're not an SPL sub, and aren't capable of SQ, so the sealed application doesn't really apply to them.

What??? from you're statement, I know you're a SPL guy, to blurt out that 2 would demolish 3? in what SPL, maybe true but I'm not a SPL guy (hence Type X and sealed), so I wouldn't care how much you can meter on a TL. If I wanted to go SPL, I would've got an Fi BTL.
Also you are incorrect sir, Type X's are SQ subs (maybe not the greatest)

Phat LC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey bro, do you get a lot of rattling, or does the fact that the subwoofers are facing the front help?

Phat LC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bro, how is your truck?

It looks like the box is below the trunk?!?!?!?

That looks hella nice, which is why I'm asking....

Does it rattle at all?

02TAHOELT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bro, how is your truck?

Does it rattle at all?

YOU GOTTA CHECK OUT JK's SETUP. . . . . .
ed52f4f7.jpg

2aa8feec.jpg

YOU GOTTA CHECK OUT JK's SETUP. . . . . .

tann808

Reaction score
bro, how is your truck?

Does it rattle at all?

Correct the box is below the window, so I can see out when I look through my mirror.

Rattling....i guess there is some, mostly the rear vents above the tail lights but I can't hear them when I'm inside driving :thumbsup:

I also got a box for these when I don't use my third row :thumbsup: (now these will demolish my third row box)

7.8 cf Ported at 32 hertz

2476589863_39270550ec_o.jpg