AC Oil leaking inside???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bebop

Reaction score
I noticed today on the front passanger floor mat about a 1/2 cup of a very thin clear oil. The housing around my heater core/ac evaporator is cracked and it sometimes drips some water on a humid day, but this time it was oil. Naturally I assumed it was just a ton more water and dumped it out on the concrete driveway. So now I have a big oil stain on the driveway and oil leaking inside the hoe. Anyone have any ideas on what needs to be done, or do I need to replace evaparotor coil and lines.

bebop

Reaction score
OK, after some further investigation (in the daylight) it turns out it is antifreeze. It looked clear in the dark, and even now it looks like watered down mountain dew. So it appears I have a leak somewhere in or near the heater core. I've tried to open up the "box" surrounding it and holy crap. How in the world do you get it apart. It appears the owner prior to me either tried it himself or a bad mechanic tried it because it is broken. The big crack is where the antifreeze is coming out. Now, I still haven't isolated the actual leak, but it doesn't matter since I can't access it anyways. I guess that it will be going into the shop for this one.