Adding Factory Fogs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tekrsq

Reaction score
My 03 Tahoe is a "basic" truck. It was used a typical service vehicle before I got it. So it doesn't have factory fogs, cruise control, etc. I added factory fogs and a factory switch. All the wiring was there, and i simply plugged in the fogs and switch. However, the fogs do not activate. The light on the switch glows (like they are turned on), but they do not shine. Is there something I'm missing? Please do not tell me I have to have them turned on in the "smart box". We have an Escape that we had to take to the dealer to have the fogs "turned on" in the "smart box". I'm hoping Chevy is smarter than that.

FishNJ

Reaction score
bulbs?

get your voltmeter out and see if there is power at the light when the switch is on.

tekrsq

Reaction score
Well, I'm not totally stupid. I did check the fuse, and the relay I installed was brand new. BUT, after I thought about it, I started troubleshooting, and started with the fuse again and relay. The fuse was fine, but the brand new relay was defective. I replaced the relay, and all is well.

It's always the simple things, lol.

Thanks !!!!!!!

06tahoez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 03 Tahoe is a "basic" truck. It was used a typical service vehicle before I got it. So it doesn't have factory fogs, cruise control, etc. I added factory fogs and a factory switch. All the wiring was there, and i simply plugged in the fogs and switch. However, the fogs do not activate. The light on the switch glows (like they are turned on), but they do not shine. Is there something I'm missing? Please do not tell me I have to have them turned on in the "smart box". We have an Escape that we had to take to the dealer to have the fogs "turned on" in the "smart box". I'm hoping Chevy is smarter than that.

I added factory fogs to my Silverado back in 2001. I had to have the dealer program them to get them to work. Glad to see they changed that...