adding oem style fog lights, wiring question on 2001

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bille

Reaction score
My 2001 Tahoe didn't come with fog lights. Looking to add them and wanting to go the factory route. I have changed out the original rear wiper switch with the rear wiper/fog light switch. I plugged in a fog lamp relay in the power center under the hood. I installed a pair of OEM style fog lights and that is where I am at. I will take it to the dealer to get it programed for fog lights, but I still need to get the wiring ran from the lights to the power center. I don't have a wire harness for that, but I am thinking I could make one up if not available, so my main question is - where, or what terminal do I hook the wire into at the power center under the hood that goes to the fog lights on a 2001 Tahoe?

I traced the wires from under the power center that come from the fog light relay. Terminal 87 (purple wire) would normally go to load (lights) but it goes up to the switch, along with the signal wire (green w/white stripe).

From what I have read, there is suppose to be a terminal under the power center that the wire going to the lights plugs into.
Thanks for any help.

Last edited:

bille

Reaction score
Don't need any help. Tied into the purple wire and got it reprogramed, I'm good.

badass750

Reaction score
hello,

I also have a 2001 tahoe that I want to add factory fog lights to. So far all I have is the fog lights. Can you give me info where to get all the other parts needed for the factory stepup.

bille

Reaction score
I replied to your private message, but after just reading this post again, it is a purple color wire not an empty terminal I tied into, from below the relay under the power center.

Hope that helps you out.

antlbroo317

Reaction score
badass750, You ever get it going. I have a 01 HOE, already added the relay, oem fog lights in bumper, and switch and fuse. But no action. Did you have to get BCM programmed?

rbombardiere

Reaction score
Info

Bille,

I have all the stuff that I need to add the lights to my truck, did you hook them up to the purple wire on the switch or the one out of the fuse box. I don't want to mess anything up.

Thanks