Adding Turn Signal Mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RyanbabZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an LT model and there was not an option for the turn signal mirrors. The other day I seen an LT on the road and it had the turn signal mirrors. Can these be added? What all is involved?

Thanks!

uofmz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im pretty sure it can be added aftermarket or even purchase a new mirror with the leds in place with a little wiring to the turn signals. shouldnt be hard and i dont see why it couldnt be done. gl and let us know how it works out for you

mary900

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have LS and now have the DL3 mirrors.

Buy the DL3 mirrors, the driver's door switch, and have the dealer flash the new VCI code to unlock the DL3 features within the BCM and the DDS and PDS. You can find good deals on DL3 mirrors on e-bay if you have patience to sit back and watch.

RyanbabZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how much did the DL3 mirrors run? Also I have been looking at the Muth Mirrors (I heard they make the gm mirrors). These replace the glass and wiring only

tac53lpd

Reaction score
I added the Muth mirrrors to my 05. Shouldn't be much different in the newer trucks. I replaced the glass and you have two wires. The black I grounded to the door shell and the red I tapped into the switch wires. I used a light tester and found that the wire was in the harness. I didn't have to run any wires under the dash and it looks great. GM uses Muth so it looks factory.

mary900

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased the DL3s for $100 for the set off of ebay. I wasn't in any hurry and did a daily troll for new listings, etc. I asked lots of questions before bidding.

I looked at the Muth mirror option as well but decided that if I had to remove door panels, etc. that I would prefer to have the actual DL3 mirrors. I have not heard anything negative about Muth mirrors so that is a viable option. Remember, it's just personal preference.

mary900

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I forgot to mention....if you get the DL3 mirrors just for the turn signals, you do NOT need the door switch (truly a plug and play). Only buy the door switch if you want the power fold and puddle light options.

After having the turn signals for a while, I opted to go ahead with the switch to have the power fold and puddle light options.