after market back up camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sledaddict73

Reaction score
Hello Forum, Happy New Year!

I was hoping to get some feedback on a good, solid back up camera to install on my 07 Tahoe. I am a snowmobiler and backing up to hook up my trailer would be much easier with a camera. I do not have a NAV system in my truck so a system with a camera and screen is what I am looking for. I have no issue hard wiring it as I have read some issues with the wireless ones. ANY recommendations would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance......... Daniel

lowclass21

Reaction score
I have been looking into this myself. I have found a decent in dash nav / dvd / unit for an affordable price. Its on Ebay and its plug and play..also works with steering wheel controls. I haven purchased it yet ..doing more research first . As for the back up camera they also have OEM cameras on ebay for about $60 new. I noticed they have a harness end on them meant for replacing a stock one maybe. Now im wondering if the wiring is pre existing in the Tahoe or if buy this OEM one will be more trouble installing than expected. On a separate note I did have one of them cheap bu cameras that attach to your license plate frame on my trailblazer. it was like $20 ... I then bought an in dash double din dvd/gps style unit for like $200 everything was off brands but it worked well if this helps. I do not want to go that route with my Tahoe though ...want to do it right. so im also excepting suggestions. :smiley-face-popcorn