Alll Motor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chevyboy10

Reaction score
i have 02 TAhoe LT stock... .whats the fastest it would run in the 1/4 or 1/8 if i built it all motor w/o FI ? and if can lists needed parts >:)
thanks alot!

Yuke2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have 02 TAhoe LT stock... .whats the fastest it would run in the 1/4 or 1/8 if i built it all motor w/o FI ? and if can lists needed parts >:)
thanks alot!

Thats something you need to plan out yourself bro. Theres no way we could give you any kind of accurate estimate. A friggin school bus can run 12s with the right stuff, so that being said, there are literally thousands of answers to your question. We could never narrow down one particular parts list.

If you're serious about it, like really serious about it, go find a reputable engine builder and see what he can do. If you really want to make some head turning power, at the very least you're looking at boring out the motor and upgrading the internals, maybe getting the block blueprinted, complete intake and exhaust work (headers all the way back), and a custom tune. Depending on what kind of power you're looking at producing, you'd probably want to swap in a built 4L80E transmission, or you'll grenade the stock 4L60E after one pass on the track.

If you're just looking at simple bolt ons, then the same stuff applies without messing with the block too much. Intake, full exhaust, and tune. The parts themselves will free up alot of power, but the tune is what ties everything together and really wakes the truck up. Either route you go, good luck.

Chevyboy10

Reaction score
ok but my main concern is that is it worth going all motor or should i FI? because i have been told with less money i could make a all motor reputable against most street cars.? not so much track just some fun power to mess with. something in the 13's or 14? and whats the deal i have been told that a Chvy motor espcially in the big ones are very strong and could hold some serious spray ? legit?

bparker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just my opinion - if you are trying to make a really fast car - for the money its going to take to make that SUV haul reall @$$ you are better off buying an old cheap Camaro and building it out for racing and have a blast.

Tahoes drive train and drive line arent built for "drag racing" especially when you start putting some real power to the ground. Add a lil VHT and you will start snapping rear ends...

Just my two cents.

Chevyboy10

Reaction score
so your saying to not worry about make this tahoe fast and just do some really sick ****? (audio, exterior and interior)?

bparker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey to each his own, and I totally believe in that. But by the way you are asking what will make it fast makes me believe that you are getting your feet wet into "drag racing". And I am just assuming this.

But, yes, you can make it fast, but at alot more cost than to take can old camaro and make it even faster and yet still have the best of both worlds. At nice Hoe to pull your drag car to the track and go beat on it all you want.

Racing is a blast! Just dont be "surprised" when you find out what kinda HP you will need to make such a heavy suv run good times. In addition to the drive train upgrades that will be necessary to sustain several passes.

But hey, its your truck, do what ya want, and I wish you the best, I am just giving you my opinion on the matter as if I were wanting to get into racing.

so your saying to not worry about make this tahoe fast and just do some really sick ****? (audio, exterior and interior)?

Donkey punch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you will be dissapointed in the results aswell. Trying to make something heavy go fast isn't cheap. Ive spent over 10k on my caprice trying to make it fast.. if you are commited to doing it the right way and have the funds to do so then by all means get your feet wet.

Chevyboy10

Reaction score
nah i think i will pass i am now jsut thinking a CAI for gas and make my straight pipe a little louder but other than that anything recommended?

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cheap turbo kit or a 200 shot with supporting mods will get you into 13s no prob, trans will take a crap on you after that but it takes alot for one of these beasts to dip into the 12s and 11s. Best bet is a mild cam with stiffer valvetrain, 150shot, 8.1 injectors, fuel pump, good tune with a shift kit/vette servo/sun shell, maybe a converter if you don't plan on towing. I'd say 13s are quick enough in one of these trucks but how much do you want to drop and how far do you want to take it?

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Engine power alone is not all that you need to go fast. Lets say you do get an awsome street mechine, but floor it and you have no traction or the suspension system does not support it. thats a bad day. :cool2:

Chevyboy10

Reaction score
so how much am i lookin at spending to get int to he low 14s or even mids? would it be cheaper to go spray route or cheap turbo?

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Low 14s is easy, 100 shot and tune with a catback will get you there no problem.

Chevyboy10

Reaction score
i have straight pipes............i love em :) but a 100 shot any refer. im new to this and i dont want to over pay.?

Chevyboy10

Reaction score
or how much can i buy a cheap turbo for on a 02 tahoe LT ........bad thing is 136k miles :( but taken care of good and no problems yet :) (knock on Wood)

02TAHOELT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nitrous is going to be your cheapiest bet and easy-iest install. But itz not the safe-iest route, especially on 136K miles motor and Tranny.

EasyRyder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for what youre going to spend on trying to make your tahoe fast, i would just find a cheap project to do. mustang, camaro, regal, whatever... get a buildt up motor and trans... rock out with you (ock out.