Almost Done with my 95 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Anvilair

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a few newer pics to share with you guys.... Went with painting the GMC and the Yukon in Red and finished tinting the windows. Paint is ALMOST done... I have a few spots to compound still. Overall I am happy with the look... I did it super cheaply and it is a world better than it was. :eek:

I have a few things to finish inside and then I am done.

Mechanically she is rock solid and drives like a dream!:thumbsup:
I finished most of that work over the winter. I think I may need to put an obnoxiously loud muffler on her though......:jump:

Attachments

• 0624081425a.jpg
    0624081425a.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 42
  • 0624081426a.jpg
    0624081426a.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 26
  • 0624081959a.jpg
    0624081959a.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 17

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
very nice.. so i think i missed it before tho, but what happened or what color was it before??

GMCYukalade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks great!! - i just have one question... why did you put the yukon logo back on the tailgate?

Anvilair

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks great!! - i just have one question... why did you put the yukon logo back on the tailgate?

Not sure.... I think I wanted to break up all the flat black with the red GMC in front and the YUKON in back. Bad idea??? :confused2:

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmm i gotcha.. haha 3 tone.. lol.. wwhat is the color of it now??? would u call that like flat black??

Anvilair

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmm i gotcha.. haha 3 tone.. lol.. wwhat is the color of it now??? would u call that like flat black??

It was supposed to come out a SEMI-FLAT black but came out mostly flat in reality. :smilielol:

You know how that goes...:eek:

GMCYukalade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dunno, imho i like the tail-gate smooth - but its not my tail gate and i understand where your coming from breakin up the color

Sidescrollin

Reaction score
looks great but personally you should change the tires or rims. The black everwhere with those tires makes the car look dusty or something or maybe its just the image quality. I had fat street tires on the stock rims like that on mine for a while and they always look worn out so maye its just me. You should get slimmer tires or more aggresive ones . The Red GMC and Yukon details look sweet . keep it up =]

Anvilair

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks great but personally you should change the tires or rims. The black everwhere with those tires makes the car look dusty or something or maybe its just the image quality. I had fat street tires on the stock rims like that on mine for a while and they always look worn out so maye its just me. You should get slimmer tires or more aggresive ones . The Red GMC and Yukon details look sweet . keep it up =]

Funny you say that.... I would love to get some different rims but money is tight and those tires are brand new. But I have been thinking of painting the rims an alloy silver.... hmmmmm you got me thinking again....

1999HOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i like the black tank look but with the rims ide go for a more subtle hange like gunmetal

John Redcorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like it. black wheels too. (not the biggest fan of the badge on the tailgate or those turn signal things though)

I do like flat black on some cars and trucks, most people just don't understand, they thinks it's just some redneck with plans to get it painted that never does. I was thinking about buying a 70 or maybe 71 gto once that was primer black and I'd already made up my mind that I was never going to paint it even before I made up my mind if I wanted it or not.