Amp won't turn off...help pleasee !

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gomez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well I just got my 2 15" kickers installed... OH MY GOD my hoe bumps heavily now... but i have a problem... when I turn my truck off, the amp stays on which caused my battery to die. now me, i have NO knowledge at all about all this installing stuff blah blah blah.

now my friend who installed them for me is in vegas and don't come back until the weekend... he said he will fix them then but I can't wait... i'm pretty sure you got to connect the blue wire to another fuse that turns off when the truck turns off on the electrical box or whatever...? right now i got it connected to a yellow one...

can someone please help me and tell me which one i can connect it to...?

thankssssssssss !

Last edited:

ghostface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im not sure what wire your talking about, but if you have a voltage tester then you can find a 12volt wire that comes on and off when the key is turned to acc rather than being a constant 12volts.

dholli

Reaction score
Just go to your amp and take off the blue wire that is a remote turn on without that you wont have sounds but wont have to worry about the battery either!!!

That is an easy fix for now!

02cadiHOE

Reaction score
the amp has 3 power wires going to it. one to the battery one to a chassis ground and the other which is normally a thinner wire than the ohter two is the remote turn on. it is probably labeled REM on the amp. your friend could have used any color of wire to this connection but if you just disconnect that thinner wire your amp wont be on (as long as nothing is faulty internally) and will not kill your battery any more.

Drgnblood

Reaction score
I had the same problem four days ago. Try hooking up your remote wire from the amp (mine is blue) to the blue/white wire on the wiring kit hooked up to your radio(assuming its aftermarket)...this should allow your amp to cut on and off when you put your key in the ignition. If not as the last three post stated. just cut a bit of your remote wire and hook it to under the wire that is connected to your amp from the battery and then run the remaining end to where your actual remote wire runs.....and then pull it out if you stop somewhere for more than an hour or so...hope this made sense but i just had the same problem a few days ago.

....By the way new to the forum and this is my first post.