Anyone added power-retractable steps as an option?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tracydanger

Reaction score
Is it possbile to add the power assist steps as an option? Has anyone done it before/after purchasing the vehicle? If so, what was the cost?

TIA

hbrbmx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will need a BCM harness that will operate the boards..............not a simple plug and play.

Ned's LTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes they are available. The same company that supplies the factory pwr boards has them as an add on to stock tahoes. I'm not sure of the cost, but probably around $1500 installed. The nice part is they are a bit shorter, allowing installation of the moulded mud guards. The factory ones run into the fenderwell in the front causing a clearance issue. Your Chevy dealer should be able to get them through the gm accessory supplier. Hope that helps some.

07SuburbanLTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanted the power boards and no dealers had them in stock. I had to wait 6 weeks for my dealer to order the truck from GM and built to what I wanted.

These PIX show the boards open and closed.

suburban005.jpg

suburban002.jpg

suburban011.jpg