Anyone install the GM splash gaurds yet. How do they look?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoe07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if these mud flaps will work with the Z71 fender flares? Or is there a special flap made just for them?

The only GMs that will fit(todate) with the flares will be the "contoured." the molded will not fit. The contoured are not completely flat, The is a slighty raised portion from the top more than half way down.

Part number
19154420 (front or rear)
Retail $15.99 set

Last edited:

MCF34

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gas mileage!?!?

The only GMs that will fit(todate) with the flares will be the "contoured." the molded will not fit. The contoured are not completely flat, The is a slighty raised portion from the top more than half way down.

Part number
19154420 (front or rear)
Retail $15.99 set

Has anyone else noticed their gas mileage decrease after adding the flaps?? I swear, mine has gone from about 13mpg in the city to 12mpg. I have done nothing else....The Tahoe has 5000 miles and I am REALLY disappointed in the mpg even though it does go into 4 cylinder mode regularly.

MCF34

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does 12mpg sound low? I am using 87 Octane...easy on the throttle. I only drive about 4-5 miles to/from work and in the morning, I have to 'climb' up 16 ramps to get to the 8th floor of the parking garage, but still, I have never heard of mileage dropping as the car breaks in.....

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I average about 13.5 in the city. I could see a parking garage with 8 floors hurting your fuel economy that much.

Tahoe07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My commute one-way is 6 miles with 9 redlights and I get 16.5 average.

I have mine broken in. It was around 14 when new.

sshepherd

Reaction score
I just ordered the black GM splash guards for the front and rear. Do you have to drill or do they line up with the existing holes in the wheel well?

Tahoe07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which set did you get?

The molded will line up with three holes but you have to drill the fourth.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The instructions will say you have to drill one hole on the rear but I avoided this by using an extra spring clip in an existing hole.