Are your power windows slow??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rwayne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had problems with the power windows on my truck since I bought it!!(almost two months ago) One problem that I've finally fixed this weekend is the front passenger window that was 4 or 5 seconds slower than my driver side window when I would roll them up together!

I had alot of different suggestions from friends and other forums on how to fix this;

What I did first was clean the tracks with a paper towel, then I oiled them up with some cooking oil.. IT WORKED Great!! But I guess the cooking oil didn't hold up after a couple of days.

So I then used white lithium grease, which is usually good for door squeeks and stuff like that. Well that stuff didn't help at all and seemed to collect dirt! I had to clean alot of the dirt off from this before trying my next solution.

FINALLY:thumbsup: I used some silicone spray.. let me tell ya, this stuff is perfect for it!!!! Roll the windows up and down a couple of times while spraying the tracks and maybe clean out the rubber around the edge and it should be good to go. I noticed my motor got pretty hot by the time I was just about finished so you may not want to get to crazy with the up and down.

Just thought I'd let you guys know about my trial and error! I was thinking the motor was going out but it seems to be working like new now.. Soo I get to keep some money!:clapping: :D !:cya:

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Cool. Good fix. My passenger side used to be slower than my driver's side as well. I lubed the regulator and tracks with dry graphite spray lube and it works great. The silicone lube you used is also good stuff for that. Glad you found a cheap fix instead of going out spending money on a new motor:thumbsup:

Coastie Kyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All my windows seem to be fast, except the rear passenger side. It is REALLY fast. Like the motor is brand new. I think the motor went out on the old lady before me and it was replaced. Good info on the silicon spray though.

Rwayne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
S#its on crack huh?:lol: Well it'd be crazy if you were just used to the other ones and they're actually supposed to be as fast as the back one...........ya never know:D

Coastie Kyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That could be. I am accustomed to Ford's and Nissans so... that could make sence.... But Im not going to go change out the motors ether so I'll deal with crack head windows. :cool:

Rwayne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just out of curiousity, Whats your 73' C-130H herc??? doesn't sound like a ford or nissan.lol

Coastie Kyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMAG0451.jpg

Rwayne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
N--II=++CC---EE!!!:D :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: i was hoping for a pic! USCG huh??:thumbsup: I know an old friend at the academy..

elkfeva

Reaction score
First off i would like to thank Coastie Kyle for his service.

Ya i had the same problem with my rear windows... took door panels off and lubed tracks with silicone spray and they work like new.

Rwayne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya I took my passenger side door panel off probably more times than i should have. lol man it sucked.. But when the work pays off, and you know your saving money:thumbsup: you gotta love it!

WHEELMAN322

Reaction score
I actually forgot about this trick. I need to do this on my work truck.

Nappers

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ditto on my end, right rear regulator bit the dust, replaced, lubed remaining windows' tracks AND cables that work the tracks, good as new. I try to spray them once a year after winter. Still work good as new.

Aaron

BowTieBandit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My DS front window makes a clicking sound when it goes up or down. I don't think silicone spray will fix that :D But my warranty will :yesnod: Congrats on the fix :thumbsup:

neloms

Reaction score
My first thought was the window motor and regulator. My '95 Chevy Camaro went through 3 motors in 3 years. Chevy's have notoriously heavy windows, but it's good to hear that some silicon spray fixed it up!