Auto headlights 15 secs.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scottrick

Reaction score
How long does it take for everyone's headlights to turn on when you go into a dark place? mine takes 15 seconds. seems a little long. want to take it into the dealer but i am not sure if this is a standard time.

this is the reason why... in the morning, with the direction that i drive, my headlights stay on because my windshield wiper shades the sensor. Then once i change directions even though the sun hits the sensor, there are milliseconds where shade hits it due to trees that i drive by. therefore because there is not CONSTANT sun hitting the sensor for 15 seconds it never shuts off the whole way to work.

once the sun comes up and the windshield wiper cant block it anymore, no more problems but i hate having my lights on the whole way to work in the morning everyday. just more headlight bulbs to go through for no reason.

let me know how long it takes for your headlights to turn on if you cover the sensor in the sun. thanks

scott

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
IIRC that is the set amount of time it takes for the auto lights to come on. The reason I believe is people would not want headlights coming on when they go under an overpass or through a short underpass and then back to light.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can turn them off by turning and releasing the control knob CCW.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like mine to be changed to arounf 4-5 minutes, I'm not sure what it is now but I think its 45s-1minute.

scottrick

Reaction score
You can turn them off by turning and releasing the control knob CCW.

but it still leaves the NAV in night mode....i like my display dim at night so if it it in night mode in the day, i cant see it. therefore, i dont want to be adjusting the contrast of my display 2 times a day:)

RIZZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can chg the time thru the menu in your car