AVIC-D3???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pookster

Reaction score
Been reading the forum and have a question on the Avic D3. Since it is a single CD/dvd slot, when kids watching dvd on rear monitors can i still use navigation? Is it no navigation at all, or limited like address only?

I really want navigation but want the kids to watch movies, don't care too much for the POI's.

what limitation on navigation do i have if i don't use the disk?

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
You have to insert the nav disc everytime you enter a new destination. Once the destination is calculated and stored, you can remove the nav disc and play dvds or cds.

stunna94

Reaction score
All you need to do is get an Ipod and run the cable from the back of the D3 to the glove compartment and you never have to remove the Nav dvd again.

Mike B

Reaction score
All you need to do is get an Ipod and run the cable from the back of the D3 to the glove compartment and you never have to remove the Nav dvd again.

What does that solve (cordially)? The CD slot accomodates both NAV and DVD discs. Having an IPOD only helps you listen to IPOD while the DVD is in use? Right?

ntitan06

Reaction score
Have you look into the AVIC Z3 it has 30gb of memory and you dont have to insert a nav. disc because its save it to the memory. I believe your kids can still watch DVD's while you use the nav. Try this website www.avic411.com you might get more info from there There is also a lockpick for the avic z3 by the way. The only problem is that its a bit pricey. I am debating whether to go aftermarket Nav or OEM Nav (only because I want to keep it stock)

jazzlara

Reaction score
You will however have to do the lockout bypass for your D3 so it will play ANY video while driving and/or entering nav destination.
email me for instructions [email protected]