Back up camera.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ILoveMyHoe

Reaction score
Where is a good spot to mount a back up camera on the 2007 tahoe? Its a license plate one. But i don't want to drill a hole in the hatch to hide the wire. Any ideas?

clkelley

Reaction score
You may check to see if there is a way to mount it to the Reese hitch in back. Not sure how well that would work though.

Buc Off

Reaction score
I would suspect that you could route the wiring up through the license plate lights area. This is taking into account that the unit your installing mounts to the top license plate bracket bolts. If the existing wiring is not black, you could use some wire loom to conceal it.

CIATAHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can mount the small bullet style in the same location as the factory ones and run the wires up through not a problem.

nannerb121

Reaction score
The one I have on my '09 Tahoe has the wiring coming out from behind the license and hooks on that ledge thing above the license. I think its a perfect spot for it, my only complaint is it's visible there and people tend to mess with it when it is parked. Sometimes i will get back in, throw it into reverse, and the camera is a bit crooked. If you were to put it there, you can find camera brackets to hook it and i would highly recommend a bracket so that people won't mess with the camera because that is one thing that is very annoying in my opinion