Backup HID lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:cool2: Holy freak, those are bright!!! :cool2: I betcha the neighbors will enjoy them too, when you're backing out at night... :D

Okay, not wanting to be out-done with HID's I think my next project is going to be replacing all the interior overhead lights with HIDs. And the puddle lights. And the rear license-place light. :smilielol::smilielol::smilielol: (I am of course joking...)

hey GW, ever get bugged by the law with those HID fogs? i read on some other forums you can usually pass your lows and highs as stock, but not your fogs since like NO CAR COMPANY I CAN THINK OF HAS THEM:ktoe: :lol: :confused:

im SERIOUSLY thinking about putting a 5000k kit in my DRLS and modding them to come on at night with the high beams.

LaredoTexas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey GW, ever get bugged by the law with those HID fogs? i read on some other forums you can usually pass your lows and highs as stock, but not your fogs since like NO CAR COMPANY I CAN THINK OF HAS THEM:ktoe: :lol: :confused:

im SERIOUSLY thinking about putting a 5000k kit in my DRLS and modding them to come on at night with the high beams.

DRLS = HID'S?? Nice........

I'm looking foward to see the fog lights HID bulbs come down in price to get my self a kit..

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
your HID lights remind me of the 08 DTS with those super bright LED revirse lights.

BTW Get W aint it past your bed time. i recon here on the east coast its ten min til 2. :lol:

uofmz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if i had those i would drive around town backwards at night!

BAD A! for sure

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...I'm looking foward to see the fog lights HID bulbs come down in price to get my self a kit..

I'm "missing" something I think. Does a Hoe use different foglight bulbs? Mine are modded 9005's. You could just get another $80.00 kit, with 9005's if that's the case on a Tahoe / Suburban.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm "missing" something I think. Does a Hoe use different foglight bulbs? Mine are modded 9005's. You could just get another $80.00 kit, with 9005's if that's the case on a Tahoe / Suburban.

they are exactly the same. those PS24W bulbs, that are actully brighter than my silverstar 880s

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey GW, ever get bugged by the law with those HID fogs? i read on some other forums you can usually pass your lows and highs as stock, but not your fogs since like NO CAR COMPANY I CAN THINK OF HAS THEM...

Saw a late-model Lexus RX (or was it an Acura RDX?) tonight with what looked like HID projectors in the fogs (as well as the headlights). Stock? I dunno -- sure looked like it -- they looked like they were 4300K. Very nice lookin whatever it was.

And nope, no issues with "The Law" here yet.

sweetjeeps

Reaction score
FYI sylvania.com is awesome. you type in the car and year and it tells you every bulb inside and out of that car.

bmwman3241

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is it possible to get a write up for this. I wanna do it but don't even know where to start. Bulb size and wiring would help
07 Yukon XL Denali

noble

Reaction score
i am def. going to do this. im only worried about the back up camera situation and being too bright.
BUT with the limo tint on the front windows i NEED more light.

i was actually planning to add a set of lights on the back on a switch b/c i was worred about the ballasts warming up situation

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that's really cool, man. I like what the one dude said about driving around in reverse all night if he had those. Candied headlights next? (low beam running lights, high beam for brakes)... :party3:

riverst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats very cool. I just a little concerned with the electrical load of the hid and and the OEM wiring. I guess it will be okay due to the fact that your only using the Back up light briefly when backing up.
Great Mod!

bmwman3241

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yo, could someone please help the noobs out.
I have the stock denali tail lights and want to know what HID kit I would use for my reverse lights. Would appreciate it alot. Ill get the GM tech to figure out the wiring, but just gotta know the which kit to use.
Thanks in advance

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yo, could someone please help the noobs out.
I have the stock denali tail lights and want to know what HID kit I would use for my reverse lights. Would appreciate it alot. Ill get the GM tech to figure out the wiring, but just gotta know the which kit to use.
Thanks in advance

if yall look at the first post. it gives all the info on the mod. your going to have to mod the lights no matter what bulb you choose, to fit in any revirse light.